Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Assets Gone

Hello,

A client of ours has just tried to change a description for an image in Perch and the change has removed all the images from all pages on the site. Having checked roles it appears I hadn't enabled the user to 'upload assets' which was an oversight when I upgraded their install. Would this have caused this to happen?

Is there anything I can do to get the images back? I'm currently re-uploading them all from a backup but I can't really restore the database from last months backup without loosing blog posts. My guess is I can get the images functioning again but as soon as I update a field in Perch again they will all disappear again as they aren't in the database anymore...

I just thought I'd flag this up as removing all the images seemed like a drastic reaction.

Kind Regards, Lea.

Lea Chapman

Lea Chapman 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Which version did you update from and to?

Sorry Drew, I forgot to tick notifications and missed this.

I can't remember which version we were on, it should have been the latest 2.4 and then upgraded to 2.5.4 when the problems occurred.

I managed to re-upload the assets and they have all re-appeared in content regions. However, even after saving the regions again some assets haven't appeared in the Assets panel. So - as is, the site is now working fine but we now have some assets in the Assets panel and some not, which is a bit messy...

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Are there any commonalities between those that work and those that don't?

Unfortunately not, some are image banners, some are pop-up images and some are from the blog - every time some are in Assets, others not. Some are uploaded by 'Editors' some are uploaded by 'Admin'.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

How are they uploaded?

Through region templates, prior to 2.5

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Are you able to reproduce the issue with new uploads?

No - seems fine for new uploads, so maybe we'll have to leave it at that. I also have another client who's thumbnails are gone for about half of his assets but I've noticed that in the forums too so we'll put it down to some teething problems I guess. At least I was able to rescue from a backup :)