Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Members, Users and the idea of having a profile page

Hi,

I'm embarking on a fairly complex website build, and need to know some info before I go ahead.

The company 'Parent', who's website I am building, has members (who are other companies - let's call them 'children').

Each of these children companies will have a profile page. Ideally this profile page would be as easy to edit as in the perch back end, with predefined 'blocks' that they could access and use to create a rich profile page.

Now this isn't possible with the Members app as far as I can tell. I can present members restricted content, but they can't edit information for a profile page. I thought about the possibilites of editing the Member perch/templates/members/profile.html form, however I don't think this is enough, I would rather give them predetermined regions, which would mean being in the Perch back end. Plus image uploads wouldn't be possible this way.

Giving a role per Perch user could possibly work, as it's around 450 children companies this wouldn't be too crazy. Would this method be possible, allowing a page to be only editable by a certain role, thus heavily restricting what the user sees in the back end when logged into perch.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks in advance.

Adam Menczykowski

Adam Menczykowski 1 points

• 6 years ago

It seems that individual Regions may be selected to only be edited by specific Roles.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Yes, that's correct.

Is it possible then to set a default that all new regions can be edited by? For instance All Regions can be edited by Editor, not Everyone?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

How are the regions being created?