Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Members, Shop

Members and shop custom fields

I'm trying to add custom fields to the form which people fill out when checking out in Perch shop and store them in the admin. Currently that works fine through Perch members by editing member.html. However in order to pass the info to the shop I have to have both apps defined in my form which adds the member to the admin twice:

<perch:form id="register" method="post" app="perch_shop perch_members perch_mailchimp" action="/payment">

If I remove perch_members then the custom fields are not stored in the admin. If I remove perch_shop then the data is not passed to the shop for checkout. Whats the best way to make this work and only have the member added to the admin once?

Rob Saunders

Rob Saunders 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Registering with Shop automatically creates the user account in Members. So if you sent to both you'll get two. So don't do that.

Are your fields added to the Customer?

Ok in which case how do you store additional information about the customer in the members section? I've added the fields to customer_create_passwordless.html but they are not stored in the admin.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Are they also in the customer master template?

I've added to the customer.html:

<perch:shop type="text" id="course" label="Course" required="true" />

and to customer_create_passwordless.html:

<perch:input type="hidden" id="course" value="<perch:shop id="courseID" />" mailer="COURSE_ID" />

But in the admin members section the new field doesn't show up. This only seems to show when I add the field to members.html

I'm trying to access this information on the payment success page so that I can then pass it over to mailchimp so I want to be able to pull the first name, last name, email address and course ID (SKU) out of the successful order data.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

If the course SKU is in the order data then you shouldn't need to assign it to the member to be able to read it - you should be able to access it directly from the order.

Yes but then How does an admin check in the members section to find out which member is on which course? I want to be able to display that information in the admin as well.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Are you tagging the member with a product tag?

Nope. Is that in members or customer?

I can't find any info in the docs about tagging a customer/member. How can I add a product tag and at what point in the checkout process should this happen? I am using a passwordless checkout.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

If you have a product tag, that tag gets assigned to the customer when the customer buys the product.

Hi Drew, sorry to bring this back up but I need to store some more data entered in customer_create_passwordless.html as the client have requested another field in the signup form. Where is this data stored and how do I display it in the admin? As above I've updated both customer_create_passwordless.html and the customer.html files.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

It should be stored against the member.