Forum

Thread tagged as: Runway

Reorder Collections

Is it possible to change the order in which collections display on the Collections page and in the 'Manage from this page' Page Options checkbox list?

Diagnostics report
HEALTH CHECK

Perch Runway is up to date
PHP 5.6.14-1+deb.sury.org~trusty+1 is up to date
MySQL 5.5.46-0ubuntu0.14.04.2 is up to date
Image processing available
SUMMARY INFORMATION

Perch Runway: 2.8.31, PHP: 5.6.14-1+deb.sury.org~trusty+1, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 3c688b6bbc30d36af3ac34fdd4b7b5b787fe5555 $, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, apache2handler
Installed apps: content (2.8.31), assets (2.8.31), categories (2.8.31), perch_blog (5.0), perch_events (1.9.3), perch_forms (1.8.3)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', 'perch_events', 'perch_forms', );
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /at-admin
PERCH_PATH: /var/www/public/axletech.dev/at-admin
PERCH_CORE: /var/www/public/axletech.dev/at-admin/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /var/www/public/axletech.dev/at-admin/resources
Image manipulation: GD Imagick
PHP limits: Max upload 100M, Max POST 100M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 100M
F1: 2edba60ed1f613d6dd804feb202456a2
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: axletech.dev
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /var/www/public/axletech.dev
REQUEST_URI: /at-admin/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /at-admin/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Shane Lenzen

Shane Lenzen 18 points

• 5 years ago

You can re-order the items with in each collection but you cannot re-order the collections list.

I know there are a lot of upgrades coming in perch 2.9 which may address re-ordering of collections.

That's what I thought. I wonder if this could be done directly through the database...

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

We can't offer support if you start making changes directly in the database so we would suggest that you don't do that.

Well in that case...I never have and I never will!

Hi again. Drew, any chance you could weigh in here on how collections are sorted on the collections listing page? I've tried deleting collections and adding them back, hoping that they'll be added to the bottom of the list, but it seems like they're just sorted at random.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

They have their own collectionOrder field which dictates the order. Unfortunately we don't yet have a way to set it in the interface.

Thanks Drew. I'll leave it alone for now.

+1 for re-order of Collections within Collections List.