Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Addons, PayPal

Is there any way to apply a list of "tags" to products [In the Paypal Shop App],...

I am trying to implement an "if you like this product, you might also like these products" type of section at the bottom of my product.html pages.

It seems like a great way to do this would be to basically use an individual product's tags (if they even exist) to search for similar tags. I figure since assets and blog posts have tags, products might as well (or maybe there is similar functionality I am missing)

IE, if I was selling neopolitan ice cream, I would give it tags of "chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla"

Then, I would like to use these tags in a perch_shop_custom() array, to display other products with those tags, so that any products containing any one (or more) of those 3 tags would be displayed.

Is there currently any way to do this, or something similar?

Right now the best I can come up with is to simply list other products from that category with a "sort-order" of RAND.

Anyone have any better ideas?

Michael Griffin

Michael Griffin 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Which version of the shop app are you using?

Sorry I forgot to mention that I am using the Paypal Shop App v1.2.1 with Perch v2.6.

Another thought I had is that perhaps this could be better accomplished using the new "categories" feature of Perch v2.6?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Yes, maybe. PayPal or FoxyCart?

Paypal