Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Twitter

Twitter app not responding and stops diagnostics..

Hey there

I have just installed the Twitter app. I set it up as normal by putting file in the relevant places and updating the relevant php files but when I select Twitter from the Apps menu, all I get is a blank page. There are no new tables created in the database.

This also stops the extended diagnostics from working. This is how far it gets. I'm a little stumped what else to try. Is there something obvious I am missing?

Perch: 2.6
Production mode: Production (100)
Installed apps: content (2.6), assets (2.6), categories (2.6), perch_blog (4.1), perch_forms (1.7), perch_twitter (3.2)
DB driver: PDO
DB tables: perch2_blog_authors, perch2_blog_categories, perch2_blog_comments, perch2_blog_posts, perch2_blog_posts_to_categories, perch2_blog_posts_to_tags, perch2_blog_sections, perch2_blog_tags, perch2_categories, perch2_category_sets, perch2_content_index, perch2_content_items, perch2_content_regions, perch2_forms, perch2_forms_responses, perch2_navigation, perch2_navigation_pages, perch2_page_templates, perch2_pages, perch2_resource_log, perch2_resource_tags, perch2_resources, perch2_resources_to_tags, perch2_settings, perch2_user_privileges, perch2_user_role_privileges, perch2_user_roles, perch2_users
Users: 2
App runtimes:
<?php
    $apps_list = array(
        'content', 
        'categories',
        'perch_forms',
        'perch_blog',
        'perch_twitter',
    );
Michael Wilkinson

Michael Wilkinson 6 points

• 7 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

What is in your PHP error log when you get the "blank page"?

Michael Wilkinson

Registered Developer

Hi Rachel

Thanks for the quick response. This is what is in the error log:

urbanstudent.planetwidecity.co.uk [Tue Aug 26 21:08:12 2014] [error] [client 86.16.120.222:35688] AH01215: PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function to_array() on a non-object in /home/sites/planetwidecity.co.uk/public_html/US/site-login/addons/apps/perch_twitter/modes/list.pre.php on line 22

Many thanks.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What happens when you navigate to the app?

Michael Wilkinson

Registered Developer

Hi Drew

When I go to it in Perch, I just get a completely blank page. All the other apps are working fine.

Would it help if I created a user account for you and sent it to the hello@ account? It's on a staging site so is available from where you are.

Thanks

Michael Wilkinson

Registered Developer

Hi Drew

Well, it's fixed but I didn't do anything clever and it might be something to look out for. I downloaded a new copy of the twitter app and re-installed it but had the same problem. I then took the twitter app from another website I am doing and re-installed using those files and it worked.

Confused, but it's working!

Thanks to you and Rachel for your input. Kind regards.

I get the same results described above. I installed the app folder, the fieldtype folder and added perch_twitter to my apps.php file. The Twitter app shows up in the admin navigation but clicking on it simply stalls the page for about a minute at which point a blank page loads.

I downloaded the Twitter Add_On (v3.3) to install on a Perch site I had recently upgraded to 2.6. The perch_twitter_v3.3 download included the 'perch_twitter" folder to install in addons/apps and a 'tweet' folder to install in addons/fieldtypes. These were the only two folders included. The installation instructions mention a feather, too. Is the feather no longer needed in v3.3 or is it missing form the download?

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Mike please start your own thread if you have an issue and include your Diagnostics Report.