Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Bucket Images not found on page (Still in bucket)

I've been working on a new site which is live now. There are about 500 images in Assets. Everything is fine to start with and then, for some reason, a handful of images go missing. They are not found on the page. But still exist in their respective bucket and thumbnails show in the editing window. So far, I've replaced the images by adding them again (usually with a different filename). And then, after a while (hours rather than days), some disappear again. I can't work out what's happening.

Any thoughts? John

John Liston

John Liston 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Can you try adding the following to your config/config.php file and see if it helps?

define('PERCH_CLEAN_RESOURCES', false);

Thanks for your prompt response. I've done that. Presumably I need to add the missing images and wait and see. John

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

That's right - let us know if it reoccurs.

Will do ... so far so good.

Another thing I've noticed (which may be related); I have had a couple of instances, although it's difficult to pin it down, where an image that has been added, via assets, [to a page] is being displayed at the full uploaded resolution/size rather than the reduced manageable size as specified in the content template i.e. filename-w400h400

And I have another question/suggestion about tags but I'll start another thread for that one.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Can you give me any details? That's quite vague!

Yes, I realised that was a bit vague.

And now, when I look at it, I can see what the problem is; and it's nothing to do with Perch! My apologies.

In this case, the original file, even though it is a 1.5 MB is only 709 x 125 px. So, when uploaded to Perch, the image doesn't need to be reduced in size and the thumbnail (on the page) remains at 1.5 MB. I hadn't appreciated this. I know there are quality settings/options for images but I haven't had to explore these before.

Thanks and sorry for the false alarm!