Forum

Thread tagged as: FoxyCart

Perch and Foxycart v2

Foxycart has been updated to V2 in last few days. Fairly major upgrade on Foxycart side. Not expecting any issues for Perch, but just asking ... any reasons not to upgrade to Foxycart V2 because of something on Perch side ?

Currently on Perch 2.4.9 and looking to go to 2.6

Tim Considine

Tim Considine 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

As it's only been a few days, we simply don't know.

Tim have you successfully upgraded to Foxycart v2?

What version of Perch are you on?

Is it all stable?

Drew have you updated the Foxycart addon to work nicely with Foxycart v2?

Thanks

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

We've not made any changes to the FoxyCart addon recently, nor have we looked at what the changes are. It's not widely used so is less frequently updated than those things that are. When it comes to the top of the list we'll take a look.

OK Thanks. Do you have any record of Perch Developers using Foxycart? I'm considering using it but want to see test-cases.

I will be trying it out before putting online, but a quick view of a few current sites would be great. Anyone?

Michael Wilkinson

Michael Wilkinson 6 points
Registered Developer

Hi Adam

I'm trying to integrate in to an existing site for a client but am having issues. Basically, nothing happens when clicking the 'Add To Cart' button. The javascript that's added through Perch is:

<script src="//cdn.foxycart.com/honeysuckle/foxycart.colorbox.js?ver=2" type="text/javascript"></script>

But if you follow that link you get an output:

// Colorbox is no longer supported as of FoxyCart v2.0. Please get the new sample code from your admin.

That's all that's in that link. No javascript code at all.

I followed all the Perch docs, set it all up in Foxycart, set up the payment gateway in Stripe, added the products and categories etc., but I just get nothing when trying to add a product to the cart. When following the link to look in my cart, it's just empty.

Rachel / Drew

The comment of getting new sample code from your admin, would that be on the Perch side? I've looked through the forums in Foxycart but can't seem to find anything. Would you be able to give me any pointers to check on the Perch side?

Any help would be great.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Michael - if you need help from support please raise a new thread with your Diagnostic Report so we can help you. We can't help multiple people in one thread without it getting very confusing.

Michael Wilkinson

Michael Wilkinson 6 points
Registered Developer

Hi Rachel

Ah yes, point taken. My apologies.

Kind regards.

Update to an old thread, but still of use perhaps to perch users

I avoided for a long time upgrading from Foxycart V1.1 to 2.0 purely out of fear and not having time to fix something if it broke.

But have this week bitten the bullet and made the move. Actually very smooth and no real issues.