Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Suggestions

Deleting Assets from the Admin Window

Is it possible for a Client to delete an asset from the Admin window?

For example: if a member of a company's staff leaves the company and the Client wishes to delete the staff photo (image file) from the assets (not just from a staff bio page), is there a way for him/her to do that?

I have not been able to find a way from the Admin window.

Am I overlooking something obvious or should this be a suggestion for a future version of Perch?

Kimberly Olmsted

Kimberly Olmsted 0 points

• 7 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Yes they can delete Assets if you have given them permission to do so under Roles.

Rachel:

I'm now looking at the Roles attributed to the Admin. Even I (Admin) am not offered the privilege of deleting assets, only uploading them.

I have just checked the privileges of several editors I have created for various sites and I am not seeing that privilege being offered to any of them.

What am I missing?

Kim

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Which version of Perch is this?

Latest. Just downloaded it three days ago.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

If you're logged in as the primary admin, you can delete assets from within the Assets app.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

If you're logged in as the primary admin, you can delete assets from within the Assets app.

That's it. I didn't see the "Assets" in the main menu even though it was staring me in the face in LARGE print. Sheesh... Thank you Drew!