Forum

Thread tagged as: Runway

Runway: editor role, accessing collections

As mentioned in this thread, it appears that the collections link does not appear for editors. In that thread, the workaround is to add the ability to access individual collections by checking them in the 'manage from this page' option. I've noticed that while this does add a link to the collection on the page edit region list, a link is not added on the page list under the regions column.

I suppose this can just be filed under feature requests, but I would love for editors to be able to access the same collections listing page as admins, and also for collections added to pages to be listed under the regions column on the page list. Clients are finding it confusing to access collections, and on some sites there are too many collections to be able to list them all in the apps dropdown.

Diagnostics:

HEALTH CHECK

Perch Runway is up to date
PHP 5.6.14-1+deb.sury.org~trusty+1 is up to date
MySQL 5.5.46-0ubuntu0.14.04.2 is up to date
Image processing available
SUMMARY INFORMATION

Perch Runway: 2.8.31, PHP: 5.6.14-1+deb.sury.org~trusty+1, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 3c688b6bbc30d36af3ac34fdd4b7b5b787fe5555 $, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, apache2handler
Installed apps: content (2.8.31), assets (2.8.31), categories (2.8.31), perch_blog (5.0), perch_events (1.9.3), perch_forms (1.8.3)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', 'perch_events', 'perch_forms', );
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /at-admin
PERCH_PATH: /var/www/public/axletech.dev/at-admin
PERCH_CORE: /var/www/public/axletech.dev/at-admin/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /var/www/public/axletech.dev/at-admin/resources
Image manipulation: GD Imagick
PHP limits: Max upload 100M, Max POST 100M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 100M
F1: 2edba60ed1f613d6dd804feb202456a2
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: axletech.dev
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /var/www/public/axletech.dev
REQUEST_URI: /at-admin/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /at-admin/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Shane Lenzen

Shane Lenzen 18 points

• 5 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

There are changes in 2.9 for better management generally of what appears on menus and being able to customize them. So it is being addressed as part of that release.

Sounds awesome, looking forward to 2.9. Thanks Rachel.