Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Shop

Perch Shop Products Category

Hi,

I am running through a new install of Shop, and am at this stage:

Step 3. Create Categories {#categories}

Select Categories from the Apps menu, and create a new empty Set to act as the primary category set for organizing your store. A good name might be Products. Create some categories as needed for your products. If products are not going to be displayed in Categories you could just use a single category of default.

I have created a set called Memorials for this purpose, but it is still showing as a to-do on the Shop dashboard. Does the set have to be called Products? Not a problem if so but would be better if I could do something different in this case.

Thanks for any help, diagnostic report is below.

Mike

Perch Runway: 3.0.9, PHP: 5.6.30, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 76b08b24596e12d4553bd41fc93cccd5bac2fe7a $, with PDO
Server OS: Darwin, apache2handler
Installed apps: content (3.0.9), assets (3.0.9), categories (3.0.9), perch_shop_orders (1.2.4), perch_shop_products (1.2.4), perch_shop (1.2.4), perch_members (1.6.2)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = [ 'perch_members', 'perch_shop', ];
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /admin
PERCH_PATH: /Users/mikeharrison/Google Drive/Client Work/G H Davies/Site/admin
PERCH_CORE: /Users/mikeharrison/Google Drive/Client Work/G H Davies/Site/admin/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /Users/mikeharrison/Google Drive/Client Work/G H Davies/Site/admin/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 32M, Max POST 32M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 32M
F1: 3b606135b33e6a102526838f4152a807
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: ghd.dev
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /Users/mikeharrison/Google Drive/Client Work/G H Davies/Site
REQUEST_URI: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Mike Harrison

Mike Harrison 37 points

• 4 years ago
Duncan Revell

Duncan Revell 78 points
Registered Developer

I think it does have to be called Products - there's no way to 'tag' a set to be used for Shop. Other than calling the set 'Products'...

Yes it looks like that is the case, thanks for confirming Duncan. Switched it to Products and it works fine. To be fair this is the first build where I have wanted something different. I will pop some feedback on the page suggesting the docs are updated to make this clearer, at the moment it sounds like you can choose anything.