Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Configuration

Deleting Assets under an Editor Role

What box needs to be checked to grant an Editor role permission to delete assets?

Ryan McGuire

Ryan McGuire 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

There's no box to check. It's a risky operation, so it needs to be done by an admin.

It would be great if you could add this option to a future release because now I'm going to have to make this user an admin which seems like a much riskier solution.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

What scenario has lead to the editor needing to delete assets? That shouldn't happen under normal circumstances.

The customer uploaded revised PDF documents and is interested in deleting the old versions considering they are still available online if you have the direct link path. Ultimately the customer will be managing their website through Perch and having the ability to delete assets if they choose needs to be an option. I understand it is risky, but if a customer needs this ability, even if it is for peace of mind, it should be an option.

What is the automatic deleting cycle for un-used assets?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

They're deleted once they've dropped out of the undo history, and are older than 24 hours.

+1 Need this for a client also. They want to delete old images.

+1 from me. Also have clients that need to delete old revisions of doc and pdf.

And then there always the case of someone uploading a family photo instead of the one they were supposed to upload.

+1 for me too!

+1 same for me Client needs to delete old or unused images and docs.

+1 I have a client asking about this as well: editors being able to delete assets. (outdated information in a PDF they don't want to be accessible via a Google search or old link anywhere in cyberspace)

I have the same Problem, why can't you ad this for the admin Role, it its limitation for nothing.

Hi there,

Any sign of this feature being added? I also have a client requesting to delete old images off their site and i don't want to give them admin rights.

Thanks,

//C