Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Can't login - Sorry, your license key isn't valid for this domain.

Hi guys,

I'm developing locally using a normal installation of Perch (2.8.x). I am using MAMP to run the server, the website runs at https://localhost:8888. My development server is set to localhost, however when I try to login now, it gives me the error "Sorry, your license key isn't valid for this domain." I hadn't logged out in a while so I am really not sure which change could have caused the problem.

I read through other forum threads but none of the suggestions worked. Any advice? I wouldn't mind reseting Perch and starting with a fresh account since it's just for development.

Nicolai Davies

Nicolai Davies 0 points

• 6 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Log into your Perch account and make sure that localhost is set for this license key.

Rachel Andrew said:

Log into your Perch account and make sure that localhost is set for this license key.

I did, that's what I meant by saying that the development server is set to localhost.

Any other suggestions? Is there a way to set up Perch freshly?

Update: After several tries (entering the same login information over and over) I was able to login with a dummie editor account I had created. But no matter how often I try the admin account, it doesn't work. It's definitely the right username and password, since they're saved by Chrome and have always worked before.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Which version of Perch are you running?

Drew McLellan said:

Which version of Perch are you running?

Since I can't access the admin panel, I am unable to run a diagnostics report, but I am certain it's something higher than 2.8.0.

Update: After dozens of tries, it suddenly worked. I am running Perch: 2.8.6, PHP: 5.6.7, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11.

However, when I try to log in with another account in another browser, it still gives me the error message: "Sorry, your license key isn't valid for this domain." Is there a restriction on how many browsers one can be logged in to during development?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

No, there's no restriction.

Hm. Then that's still weird. Anyway, it's resolved for now and I just won't log out anymore ;)

Thanks for your help!