Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Redactor, CKEditor

html tags rendering in browser after upgrade

I have just upgraded perch to the latest version. I am using the gallery app and have images with a text caption. No matter what editor I use, the text appears with html tags. This only seems to happen within the gallery and not on other pages.

My template code is as follows (changing editor makes no difference):

<perch:gallery id="elements" type="textarea" editor="redactor" html="true" label="Component Elements" order="4" size="m" />

I have seen other people having this issue have used textile="true" rather than html"true" but this doesn't seem to be the issue for me.

Any help much appreciated.

Timothy Douglas

Timothy Douglas 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Can you show us your diagnostics report?

Is this ok or do you need the extended report?

Perch: 2.6.3, PHP: 5.4.31, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.10 - 20111026 - $Id: c85105d7c6f7d70d609bb4c000257868a40840ab $, with PDO Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi Installed apps: content (2.6.3), assets (2.6.3), categories (2.6.3), perch_gallery (2.6) App runtimes: <?php include(PERCH_PATH.'/addons/apps/perch_gallery/runtime.php'); $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', ); ?> PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch PERCH_PATH: /home/cedarand/public_html/perch PERCH_CORE: /home/cedarand/public_html/perch/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/cedarand/public_html/perch/resources Image manipulation: GD Imagick PHP limits: Max upload 2M, Max POST 8M, Memory: 64M, Total max file upload: 2M Resource folder writeable: Yes DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/cedarand/public_html HTTP_HOST: cedarandthyme.com REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/ SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

You're on quite an outdated version of Gallery. Is there a reason you can't update?

Hi Drew

Just upgraded the gallery. Tags still showing though.

Perch: 2.6.3, PHP: 5.4.31, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.10 - 20111026 - $Id: c85105d7c6f7d70d609bb4c000257868a40840ab $, with PDO Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi Installed apps: content (2.6.3), assets (2.6.3), categories (2.6.3), perch_gallery (2.8.5) App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_gallery', ); ?> PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch PERCH_PATH: /home/cedarand/public_html/perch PERCH_CORE: /home/cedarand/public_html/perch/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/cedarand/public_html/perch/resources Image manipulation: GD Imagick PHP limits: Max upload 2M, Max POST 8M, Memory: 64M, Total max file upload: 2M Resource folder writeable: Yes DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/cedarand/public_html HTTP_HOST: cedarandthyme.com REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/ SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Have you re-saved the content?

Do the tags show up in the editor?

I have tried re-saving the content for one page.

The tags don't show up in the editor. However, if I refresh the page, they flash up in the editor momentarily and then it just shows the content as normal?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

That just sounds like Redactor being slow to load.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Are you using the same template for output as you are for editing?

Thanks Drew it's fixed.

I am using different templates for output and editing.

By adding html="true" to the relevant bit in the output template seems to have sorted it. <h4>Component elements</h4> <perch:gallery id="elements" html="true" />

Why this wasn't an issue before I upgraded, I'm not sure?

Thanks for your help.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Your tag is missing the required type attribute - that's why the behaviour you're seeing is unpredictable.

Thanks Drew