Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Configuration

I don't think this has appeared as an issue... when creating a page using a mast...

I used the model of the perch video "creating pages" and I think I've followed the steps. However as the sub-pages already existed as this is working from an already existing static site being transformed to have CMS capability, the sub-pages are at the same level as the parent page; I changed the path directory in pages options.

But the CSS styling for the navigation of the parent page is gone. I have no idea how to fix this.

The original page on the static site is here: https://www.janicetait.com/jt-docs/travel.html which shows the styling of the page's sub-nav links

Screen shot of the Perch rendered page is: https://artbyrt.com/rt/index-rt1R.html which has no styling applied

ruth tait

ruth tait 0 points

• 7 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Is the link to your CSS file correct?

the link hasn't been changed. I tried placing the styling link in a layout region but hasn't worked. Master page and original page are in 2 different directories, though, so which directory gives the styling?

this is the link tag in the layout region:

<link href="../styles/jtWeb_style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Your stylesheet gives the styling, it doesn't matter where you put it just that it isn't 404ing. This isn't a Perch issue but if you give us a link to your live site I can tell you what the link should be.

The live site is the static site, not the perch development site. I'm working with that locally. Would it be practical to send you mark-up for master and original pages? (and their directory locations?). I admit I'm still pretty confused about the relationship of the perch tags to the CMS functionality, especially with navigation. I'm not getting it... sorry.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

This looks like a CSS issue - we simply can't help you with that, I'm afraid.

Here is a link to the 2 screen shots showing an html page with the css rendering as it should and the php page from page template with the rendering it is displaying. The css seems to work fine in the plain html page

https://artbyrt.com/rt/index-perch.html

Here are code blocks for the page template and the page that runs off the template:

`code`

<?php include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/perch/runtime.php'); ?> <!doctype html> <html> <head> <meta charset="UTF-8"> <title><?php perch_pages_title(); ?></title>

<?php perch_layout('styleLink'); ?>

</head> <body class="thrColFixHdr" > <div id="container" class="trvlPg"> <?php perch_layout('mainNav'); ?> <?php perch_layout('titleBar'); ?> <div id="subContainer">

<div id="mainContent">

<?php perch_pages_navigation(array(
    'from-path' => '/jt-docs/travel.php',
    'levels' => 1
    )); ?>

</div><!-- end #mainContent --> </div><!-- end #subContainer -->

<br class="clearfloat"> <?php perch_layout('footer'); ?>

</div> <!-- end #container --> </body> </html> code

[and the code for the page that refers to this template]

`code`

<?php include('../perch/runtime.php');?> <!doctype html> <html> <head> <meta charset="UTF-8"> <title>Janice Tait - Welcome to my website</title>

<?php perch_layout('styleLink'); ?>

</head> <body class="thrColFixHdr" > <div id="container" class="trvlPg"> <?php perch_layout('mainNav'); ?> <?php perch_layout('titleBar'); ?> <div id="subContainer">

<div id="mainContent">

<?php perch_pages_navigation(array(
    'from-path' => '/jt-docs/travel.php',
    'levels' => 1
    )); ?>

<!--
<ul class="travel-list">

<li><a href="travel_1-India.php">India</a></li>
  <li><a href="travel_India.php">India &amp; Child Haven</a></li>
  <li><a href="travel_italy.php">The Amalfi Coast</a></li>
  <li><a href="travel_Arctic.php">Canadian High Arctic and Greenland</a></li>
  <li><a href="travel_Turkey.php">Turkey</a></li>
    </ul>

-->

</div><!-- end #mainContent --> </div><!-- end #subContainer -->

<br class="clearfloat"> <?php perch_layout('footer'); ?>

</div> <!-- end #container --> </body> </html>

I have had to break with the project, as I'm stuck on how to proceed, so whatever information/advice you can offer would be most appreciated. Thanks,

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

The most likely issue is that the link to your CSS file is incorrect. I can't diagnose that from the information you have given me however.

I suggest checking using your browser console whether you are getting a 404 from your stylesheet.