Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by...

Hi,

I uploaded a site recently for a client to review but two of the pages are showing the below warning:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/danda/public_html/uat/services.php:1) in /home/danda/public_html/uat/perch/core/lib/PerchUtil.class.php on line 1168

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/danda/public_html/uat/services.php:1) in /home/danda/public_html/uat/perch/core/lib/PerchUtil.class.php on line 1169

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/danda/public_html/uat/services.php:1) in /home/danda/public_html/uat/perch/core/lib/PerchUtil.class.php on line 1170

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/danda/public_html/uat/services.php:1) in /home/danda/public_html/uat/perch/core/lib/PerchUtil.class.php on line 1176

I cant figure it out. I tried various solutions on Stack Overflow, but to no avail...

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

My templates aren't any different to what I would normally do..

<?php include($_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"] . '/perch/runtime.php'); ?>

<!doctype html>
<!--[if IE 8]><html class="no-js ie8" lang="en"><![endif]-->
<!--[if IE 9]><html class="no-js ie9" lang="en"><![endif]-->
<!--[if (gt IE 9)|!(IE)]><!--> 
<html class="no-js" lang="en">
<!--<![endif]-->

<?php perch_layout('global/head'); ?>

<body>
    <?php perch_layout('global/header'); ?>
    <main id="main-content">
        <?php

perch_content_custom('Hero', array(

'template'  => 'homepage_hero.html',
                'page'      => '/index.php'

));

perch_content('Homepage blocks');

?>
    </main>
    <?php   
        perch_layout('global/footers');

perch_page_attributes(array(
            'template' => 'scripts.html'
        ));
    ?>

</body>

</html>
Jon Young

Jon Young 0 points

• 6 years ago

There is white-space somewhere which is being output before the headers are sent. Make sure there isnt any spaces before the perch runtime.

Most of the time this is a return at the top of the file befor the <?php tags

The error is pointing to line # 1 on file: services.php

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

If you can see any whitespace make sure the file is saved as UTF8 without a BOM.

Thanks Robert and Drew - I have encountered this before and used Notepad++ to remove the BOM. I thought I had done the same this time, but I was saving with the wrong setting under 'encoding'.

I've just started using VS Code (Visual Studio Code) as my text editor instead of Sublime Text. On the whole, I like it but it seems a couple of files were saved with BOM. Not sure if it was VS Code or me adding the BOM though, but nevermind, sorted now.

Thanks again.