Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error

Perch Errors on Admin Login screen

Had an email from one of my clients this morning saying that they are getting the following error at the top of their Perch login:

see the error here

Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp/sess_nd66vs4c9ef7eh3ar71slt7o55, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in /home/cluster-sites/4/a/amso.online/public_html/something/core/lib/PerchSession.class.php on line 27

And then after attempting to login I am getting:

Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp/sess_nd66vs4c9ef7eh3ar71slt7o55, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in /home/cluster-sites/4/a/amso.online/public_html/something/core/lib/PerchSession.class.php on line 27

Warning: session_regenerate_id(): open(/tmp/sess_oms9i6qu4urgse038arb9pfl44, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in /home/cluster-sites/4/a/amso.online/public_html/something/core/lib/PerchSession.class.php on line 36

Catchable fatal error: session_regenerate_id(): Failed to create(read) session ID: files (path: ) in /home/cluster-sites/4/a/amso.online/public_html/something/core/lib/PerchSession.class.php on line 36

Any ideas what's wrong here?

Richy Thomas

Richy Thomas 0 points

• 4 years ago

It seems to have gone now.

My client has said this has happened before.

Any idea what the issue is and what is causing this?

Duncan Revell

Duncan Revell 78 points
Registered Developer

Without sounding too rude, have you read the error message? No space left on device is a bit of a clue - you would need to look at the /tmp directory to see if there is a space issue. If you can't, ask your host to. Googling for session_start() failed no space left on device (28) will give you a whole bunch of answers and ideas for investigation.

It could be that the /tmp directory isn't full and some other hosting issue is the problem - either way, it will probably end up needing to be looked at by your host.