Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Categories

Can anybody comment on the new categories feature.

Can you simply add the bellow (like in the video) to existing content region templates then use custom_content to filter based on "set" and "category" and display content on various pages using my choice of template. Or does all the content have to be managed with specific categories templates and added through them?

I have checked out the video, and i see how this works with a list. but in my setup i have case studies on individual pages that i wish to categories, then show certain case studies on specific services.

<perch:categories id="Work" label="Type of work" set="work" required="true"></perch:categories>
Steve Forbes

Steve Forbes 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Yes, the idea is that it can be used to categorise content. Are you running into a particular problem, or have you just not tried it yet?

Sort of, So would the content have to have been inputed with a template using perch:category rather than perch:content. or does only my output template have to be using perch:category ?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Categories are used to categorise content. At the moment that for the Content app and the Blog app. You'd enter the content as normal, just with added categories.