Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Addons, Gallery

Gallery Add-on not working!

Hi

OK so I have downloaded the Gallery add-on and its all installed OK, created my first gallery in Perch, setup a Content page with the following code...

<perch:content id="album" type="albumlist" label="Album" />

This allows me to assign a content block to gallery.html, where I can then select my new Gallery I setup in Perch but thats where it ends.

None of the documentation or videos explains what to do after this so that I can pull back the gallery on the page.

Where do I add the code to pull this back???????

SUMMARY INFORMATION

Perch: 2.8.31, PHP: 5.4.42, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.10 - 20111026 - $Id: c85105d7c6f7d70d609bb4c000257868a40840ab $, with PDO Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi Installed apps: content (2.8.31), assets (2.8.31), categories (2.8.31), perch_blog (5.0), perch_forms (1.8.3), perch_gallery (2.8.6) App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', 'perch_forms', 'perch_gallery', ); PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch PERCH_PATH: /var/sites/w/whittledesignstudio.com/public_html/perch PERCH_CORE: /var/sites/w/whittledesignstudio.com/public_html/perch/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /var/sites/w/whittledesignstudio.com/public_html/perch/resources Image manipulation: GD PHP limits: Max upload 100M, Max POST 100M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 100M F1: 2edba60ed1f613d6dd804feb202456a2 Resource folder writeable: Yes DOCUMENT_ROOT: /var/sites/w/www.whittledesignstudio.com/public_html HTTP_HOST: www.whittledesignstudio.com REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/ SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

Sarah Whittle

Sarah Whittle 0 points

• 5 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Have you looked at the examples that are included in the Gallery download?

There are a number of them. However be sure that what you are doing actually requires Gallery, in most cases regular Perch content is a better fit. The Gallery App is quite old and pre-dates a lot of Perch functionality that is better suited to most things people want to do.

Thanks Rachel, I have uploaded the sample files but not sure how to use these or link to them. I did wonder if the Gallery Add-on was unto date. We are building a site where the editor will want to add galleries on specific pages and blog posts and wondered if the add-on would do this by being able to add a code snippet in the content that refers to the gallery. The other thing is creating almost like a slider for the gallery which would work better on a mobile than the lightbox style / popups etc...

I think there are some things I still need to understand using Perch as its very different than WordPress and CMSMS (for the better!)

Andrew

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Thanks Rachel, I have uploaded the sample files but not sure how to use these or link to them.

If you just browse to the location you've uploaded them, do they run?