Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

How to create a new page from template page ?

Hi All ,

I am currently new to perch .

I have been implementing perch for the first time and would like to know the following :

How do i create a page from a template page - (This includes renaming the physical name of the page & not the title ) .

Thanks & Regards ,

Titus Saju

Titus Saju

Titus Saju 0 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

In Perch we call those page templates Master Pages: https://docs.grabaperch.com/perch/pages-and-nav/pages/master-pages/

Yes , exactly .

But it doesn't show where (Physically the file is being generated .) . I would need to know where the new page is being created on the server and its naming convention used in default . Is it possible that the user gets to change that convention ?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

The page is created based on the subpage folder setting of the parent page.

You can also move it after creating it by changing the path a checking the box to move the page.

Ok that solves one issue .

Let me explain a bit more about my other issue .

We are basically an IT solutions provider company . So the amount of solutions we provide change / increase per month .

Let us say I have created a master page called "Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery" . - I would be using the same page design for all other solution pages as well .

But I need my navbar to detect the pages if any new pages are added and index them accordingly in the dropdown of Solutions tab .

As of now I am able to use the BC&DR page as template , which is absolutely fine , but the other pages being mentioned in the navbar is one issue that I am facing

One More issue down the line , actually I got the above one solved out .

I Created a new subpage using the method mentioned , but when I tried to access the page I'm getting an error

HTTP error 500

Drew McLellan

Perch Support