Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Shop

Perch Shop - Passwordless

I'm building a shop with Perch shop and it's my first time out with it - really impressed so far.

I'm using the Passwordless checkout, and it's creating members successfully. If the same user tries to checkout a second time, an additional member is created. Is this an issue to have multiple members with the same details in the database? I would rather not have to build membership/update your details/forgotten password pages if I can just get them to enter their details each time they checkout (it's a very simple store).

Also, if I'm using the PayPal gateway, is it possible to test locally or does it have to be on a web-accessible server for PayPal to post back a response?

Lastly, does the PayPal account need to be a business account in order to generate API details?

Paul Bell

Paul Bell 0 points

• 2 years ago

Paul Bell said:

I'm building a shop with Perch shop and it's my first time out with it - really impressed so far.

I'm using the Passwordless checkout, and it's creating members successfully. If the same user tries to checkout a second time, an additional member is created. Is this an issue to have multiple members with the same details in the database? I would rather not have to build membership/update your details/forgotten password pages if I can just get them to enter their details each time they checkout (it's a very simple store).

Multiple Checkouts with same email address is not an issue with passwordless as long as you do not allow password reset to logged in user... in other words dont build a page for password reset and you will be fine.

Also, if I'm using the PayPal gateway, is it possible to test locally or does it have to be on a web-accessible server for PayPal to post back a response?

Paypal gateway will respond to your local dev server.... it's magical... it will work

Lastly, does the PayPal account need to be a business account in order to generate API details?

No, You just need to activate the API in your Paypal Profile... Business Acct not required. But will work either way.