Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Configuration, Blog

Blog functions don't return any content

Hello,

I have a problem making Blog work on my website.

I have the following function on my homepage:

<?php perch_blog_custom(array( 'count' => 1, 'template' => 'latest.html', 'sort' => 'postDateTime', 'sort-order' => 'DESC', )); ?>

This homepage template is located in perch/templates/pages/. The template I'm calling here is located in perch/templates/blog.

Besides the issue with the homepage, my Blog index.php doesn't return any posts. It's using the default function <?php perch_blog_recent_posts(10); ?>.

I struggle to find any reason why this wouldn't work. Any ideas?

Diagnostics:

Health check Perch is up to date PHP 5.6.36 is up to date MySQL 5.6.37-log is up to date Image processing available Summary information Perch: 3.1.2, PHP: 5.6.36, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 76b08b24596e12d4553bd41fc93cccd5bac2fe7a $, with PDO Server OS: Linux, apache2handler Installed apps: content (3.1.2), assets (3.1.2), categories (3.1.2), perch_blog (5.6.1) App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = [ 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', ]; PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch PERCH_PATH: /var/www/vhosts/clientname/httpdocs/perch PERCH_CORE: /var/www/vhosts/clientname/httpdocs/perch/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /var/www/vhosts/clientname/httpdocs/perch/resources Image manipulation: GD Imagick PHP limits: Max upload 16M, Max POST 16M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 16M F1: 9fab42554990d2c203d599a6437edd2a Resource folder writeable: Yes HTTP_HOST: magdawebdesign.com DOCUMENT_ROOT: /var/www/vhosts/magdawebdesign.com/httpdocs/ REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/ SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php Add-on versions Blog 5.6.1 is up to date

Thanks.

Magdalena Faizov

Magdalena Faizov 0 points

• 2 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

If you turn on debug, what does it output for your blog listing page?

Hi Drew,

Below is the debug output:

Debug Message - Perch 3.1.2 [14] SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch3_settings WHERE userID=0 [1] SELECT * FROM perch3_pages WHERE pagePath='/blog/index.php' LIMIT 1 Using template: /templates/pages/attributes/default.html Using sub-template: /templates/pages/attributes/seo.html [4] SELECT * FROM perch3_pages WHERE pageNew=0 AND pageHidden=0 AND pageDepth >=0 AND pageDepth<=1 ORDER BY pageTreePosition ASC [1] SELECT pageTreePosition FROM perch3_pages WHERE pagePath='/blog/index.php' LIMIT 1 [1] SELECT pageID FROM perch3_pages WHERE pageTreePosition IN ('000-004', '000') ORDER BY pageTreePosition DESC [4] Using template: /templates/navigation/item.html [nil] SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS DISTINCT tbl.* FROM ( SELECT idx.itemID, main.*, idx2.indexValue as sortval FROM perch3_blog_index idx JOIN perch3_blog_posts main ON idx.itemID=main.postID AND idx.itemKey='postID' JOIN perch3_blog_index idx2 ON idx.itemID=idx2.itemID AND idx.itemKey='postID' AND idx2.indexKey='postDateTime' WHERE 1=1 AND idx.itemID=idx2.itemID AND idx.itemKey=idx2.itemKey GROUP BY idx.itemID, idx2.indexValue, postID ) as tbl WHERE (postStatus='Published' AND postDateTime<='2018-09-24 08:09:00' ) GROUP BY itemID, sortval ORDER BY sortval DESC LIMIT 0, 10 [1] SELECT FOUND_ROWS() AS `count` Using template: /templates/blog/post_in_list.html

Thanks.

Is it possible that somehow paths are not recognised on my Perch installation on the server?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

It all looks fine - but there are no posts matching the criteria. How many posts do you have that are published and with a past date?

Hi Drew,

Thanks for replying.

There was one published post. I deleted it and created a new post (published). I still can't see this blog post. However, the following line appears in the post debug message:

Invalid query: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry '0' for key 'PRIMARY'

I've also noticed I can't add any new post and no error message appears in the debug message.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok, that doesn't sound good. What's the history of this installation?

I was first developing the site locally. It's all working fine with my local database. Then I copied over the files to one hosting provider, created a new database there and imported the local database. I think I only updated db host, user, password and license on the production environment.

The problem started happening then but because I wasn't writing blog posts and was planning to move to a new hosting provider, I didn't look into that issue.

However, I moved the site to a new server over the weekend (also created a new database and moved my content) and the issue came back. I would like to change the profile of the site so it's quite important to make the Blog app work.

It would be great if you could help, Drew. I'm not an SQL expert so I don't really know at what is causing the problem.

Thanks.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

When you get the "Invalid query" error, is there anything before it?

It happens when I try to save changes to an existing post (content changes are saved).

Here is the debug message (I've removed content bits so it's not too long):

Debug Message - Perch 3.1.2 [1] SELECT u.*, r.* FROM perch3_users u, perch3_user_roles r WHERE u.roleID=r.roleID AND u.userEnabled=1 AND u.userID=1 AND u.userHash='f1a5e6f66c287b7fed45a6db969ac905' LIMIT 1 UPDATE perch3_users SET userHash='0a91a10c885559aa3e21c03095a231d8' WHERE userID='1' [14] SELECT settingID, settingValue, userID FROM perch3_settings WHERE userID=1 OR userID=0 ORDER BY userID ASC [7] SELECT itemValue FROM perch3_menu_items WHERE itemType='app' [0] SELECT COUNT(*) FROM perch3_blog_comments WHERE commentStatus='PENDING' [1] SELECT * FROM perch3_blog_authors WHERE authorEmail='MYEMAIL@magdawebdesign.com' LIMIT 1 [1] SELECT * FROM perch3_blog_posts WHERE postID=0 [1] SELECT * FROM perch3_blog_sections ORDER BY sectionTitle ASC [1] SELECT * FROM perch3_blogs ORDER BY blogTitle ASC [1] SELECT * FROM perch3_blogs WHERE blogID=1 LIMIT 1 [1] SELECT * FROM perch3_blog_sections WHERE blogID='1' ORDER BY sectionTitle ASC Using template: /templates/blog/post.html [1] SELECT * FROM perch3_resources WHERE resourceID='32' LIMIT 1 [1] SELECT * FROM perch3_resources WHERE resourceAWOL=0 AND resourceParentID='32' AND resourceKey='thumb' [1] SELECT * FROM perch3_resources WHERE resourceAWOL=0 AND resourceParentID='32' AND resourceTargetWidth=50 AND resourceTargetHeight=50 AND resourceCrop=1 AND resourceDensity=1 Logging resources for perch_blog DELETE FROM perch3_resource_log WHERE appID='perch_blog' AND itemFK='postID' AND itemRowID=0 INSERT IGNORE INTO perch3_resource_log(`appID`, `itemFK`, `itemRowID`, `resourceID`) VALUES('perch_blog','postID',0,32),('perch_blog','postID',0,33),('perch_blog','postID',0,34) UPDATE perch3_blog_posts SET postStatus='Published', postTemplate='post.html', postDescRaw='CONTENT', postTitle='TITLE', postDateTime='2018-04-05 09:10:00', postDynamicFields='{\"excerpt\":{\"_flang\":\"markdown\",\"raw\":\"EXCERPT",\"processed\":\"EXCERPT"},\"image\":{\"assetID\":\"32\",\"title\":\"IMAGE",\"_default\":\"\\/perch\\/resources\\/IMAGE\",\"bucket\":\"default\",\"path\":\"IMAGE\",\"size\":57682,\"w\":1200,\"h\":786,\"mime\":\"image\\/jpeg\",\"sizes\":{\"thumb\":{\"w\":\"150\",\"h\":\"98\",\"target_w\":150,\"target_h\":150,\"density\":2,\"path\":\"IMAGE\",\"size\":8968,\"mime\":\"image\\/jpeg\",\"assetID\":\"33\"},\"w50h50c1\":{\"w\":\"50\",\"h\":\"50\",\"target_w\":\"50\",\"target_h\":\"50\",\"crop\":\"true\",\"density\":\"1\",\"path\":\"IMAGE",\"size\":1594,\"mime\":\"\",\"assetID\":\"34\"}}}}' WHERE postID='0' No ids to log. UPDATE perch3_blog_posts SET postStatus='Published', postTemplate='post.html', postDescRaw='CONTENT', postTitle='TITLE', postDateTime='2018-04-05 09:10:00', postDynamicFields='{\"excerpt\":{\"_flang\":\"markdown\",\"raw\":\"EXCERPT\",\"processed\":\"EXCERPT\"},\"image\":{\"assetID\":\"32\",\"title\":\"IMAGE\",\"_default\":\"\\/perch\\/resources\\/IMAGE\",\"bucket\":\"default\",\"path\":\"IMAGE\",\"size\":57682,\"w\":1200,\"h\":786,\"mime\":\"image\\/jpeg\",\"sizes\":{\"thumb\":{\"w\":\"150\",\"h\":\"98\",\"target_w\":150,\"target_h\":150,\"density\":2,\"path\":\"IMAGE\",\"size\":8968,\"mime\":\"image\\/jpeg\",\"assetID\":\"33\"},\"w50h50c1\":{\"w\":\"50\",\"h\":\"50\",\"target_w\":\"50\",\"target_h\":\"50\",\"crop\":\"true\",\"density\":\"1\",\"path\":\"IMAGE\",\"size\":1594,\"mime\":\"\",\"assetID\":\"34\"}}}}', postSlug='SLUG' WHERE postID='0' No ids to log. DELETE FROM perch3_blog_index WHERE itemKey='postID' AND itemID='0' INSERT INTO perch3_blog_index (itemKey, itemID, indexKey, indexValue) VALUES ('postID',0,'excerpt','EXCERPT'),('postID',0,'image','/IMAGE'),('postID',0,'postID','0'),('postID',0,'blogID','1'),('postID',0,'postTitle','TITLE'),('postID',0,'postSlug','SLUG'),('postID',0,'postDateTime','2018-04-05 09:10:00'),('postID',0,'postDescRaw','DESC'),('postID',0,'postTags',''),('postID',0,'postStatus','Published'),('postID',0,'authorID','1'),('postID',0,'sectionID','1'),('postID',0,'postCommentCount','0'),('postID',0,'postImportID',''),('postID',0,'postLegacyURL',''),('postID',0,'postAllowComments','1'),('postID',0,'postTemplate','post.html'),('postID',0,'postMetaTemplate','post_meta.html'),('postID',0,'postIsPublished','0'),('postID',0,'itemID',''),('postID',0,'itemRowID',''),('postID',0,'postURL','URL'),('postID',0,'postURLFull','URL'),('postID',0,'_id',0) Invalid query: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry '0' for key 'PRIMARY' [1] OPTIMIZE TABLE perch3_blog_index [nil] SELECT COUNT(*) AS qty, c.catID FROM perch3_blog_index i, perch3_categories c, perch3_blog_posts p WHERE i.indexValue=c.catPath AND i.indexKey='_category' AND i.itemKey='postID' AND i.itemID=p.postID AND p.postStatus='Published' AND p.postDateTime<='2018-09-25 09:49:00' GROUP BY i.indexValue, c.catID DELETE FROM perch3_category_counts WHERE countType='blog.post' [1] SELECT authorID, COUNT(*) AS qty FROM perch3_blog_posts WHERE postStatus='Published' AND postDateTime<='2018-09-25 09:49:00' GROUP BY authorID UPDATE perch3_blog_authors SET authorPostCount=0 UPDATE perch3_blog_authors SET authorPostCount='1' WHERE authorID=1 LIMIT 1 [1] SELECT c.sectionID, COUNT(p.postID) AS qty FROM perch3_blog_sections c, perch3_blog_posts p WHERE c.sectionID=p.sectionID AND p.postStatus='Published' AND p.postDateTime<='2018-09-25 09:49:00' GROUP BY c.sectionID ORDER BY c.sectionTitle ASC UPDATE perch3_blog_sections SET sectionPostCount=0 UPDATE perch3_blog_sections SET sectionPostCount='1' WHERE sectionID='1' LIMIT 1 Edit mode: edit [1] SELECT mi.*, p.privKey FROM perch3_menu_items mi LEFT JOIN perch3_user_privileges p ON mi.privID=p.privID WHERE mi.itemActive=1 AND mi.parentID=0 ORDER BY itemOrder ASC LIMIT 0, 1 [2] SELECT mi.*, p.privKey FROM perch3_menu_items mi LEFT JOIN perch3_user_privileges p ON mi.privID=p.privID WHERE mi.itemActive=1 AND mi.parentID=1 ORDER BY mi.itemOrder ASC [1] SELECT itemTitle FROM perch3_menu_items WHERE itemType='app' AND itemValue='perch_blog' LIMIT 1 [1] SELECT mi.*, p.privKey FROM perch3_menu_items mi LEFT JOIN perch3_user_privileges p ON mi.privID=p.privID WHERE mi.itemActive=1 AND mi.parentID=0 ORDER BY itemOrder ASC LIMIT 1, 10 [2] SELECT mi.*, p.privKey FROM perch3_menu_items mi LEFT JOIN perch3_user_privileges p ON mi.privID=p.privID WHERE mi.itemActive=1 AND mi.parentID=2 ORDER BY mi.itemOrder ASC File: /addons/apps/perch_blog/modes/edit.post.php [1] SELECT * FROM perch3_resources WHERE resourceID='32' LIMIT 1 Queries: 44 Memory: 6.4182
Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Are you able to create a new post?

Actually no. When I click 'Save', I'm taken to the blank Post page and no new post appears in the list of posts in the admin area.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

For some reason it looks like the post isn't being assigned an ID by the database when it's created. I have no idea why that would be.

Are there any errors in your server error log?

I've just asked my hosting provider. I'll come back with this shortly.

Hi Drew,

The hosting provider said there weren't any specific errors, just a few about blog image not loading. Is it helpful?

They also said: "As for the SQLSTATE error you received, this seems to be trying to import content to the SQL database to a location where content already exists. Unfortunately, it doesn't say specifically which table this is in either. It might be worth clearing the contents of the database and manually re-uploading."

If I delete database content, will I need to run Perch setup?

Thanks, Magda

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Which tables are you looking to delete? You could try removing the perch3_blog tables and then just letting the Blog app recreate them.

I'll do that.

It worked :) I'm so happy! Thanks Drew.

https://mobdro.ooo/

Drew McLellan said:

Which tables are you looking to delete? You could try removing the perch3_blog tables and then just letting the Blog app recreate them.

I also faced same issue but now it solved for me. Thank you for the help.