Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Backup

Perch backup

Currently running on Perch 2.8.4 and wish to update to latest version. In the Backup screen I get green ticks for Files and MYSQL database backup.

When I select to Backup database and entire CMS folder, the screen goes blank. This is the only option for which it does this.

Any idea why?

Chris James

Chris James 0 points

• 6 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

If the screen is going blank you have a PHP error.

https://solutions.grabaperch.com/development/why-am-i-getting-a-blank-page

But this doesn't seem to be about running an update but instead using the Backup app? If the Backup App doesn't work for you you could just backup via your hosting control panel.

Thanks. I have done a backup via cpanel but would like to get the app working as it should. This is the last error in the php log:

[15-May-2015 15:16:05 UTC] PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening '/home/oseaisla/public_html/perch/addons/apps/perch_blog/runtime.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/oseaisla/public_html/perch/core/inc/apps.php on line 22

Im not sure what this means. My config/apps.php looks like this:

<?php
    $apps_list = array(
        'content',
        'perch_forms',
        'categories',
        'perch_blog',
        'perch_mailchimp'
    );
?>

and my runtime.php looks like this:

<?php
    include(dirname(__FILE__).'/core/runtime/runtime.php');
?>

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Does the file perch/addons/apps/perch_blog/runtime.php exist?

Yes, it does exist

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok - that error is very old, so perhaps it's been fixed since.

OK thanks but Im still having the issue - the backup app gives a blank screen when I try to backup database and entire CMS folder.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

That could be you hitting a memory limit. Are you able to backup by other means?

Yes and I already have. I will look at the memory issue and report back. Thank you

Ok the administrator doubled the memory size - so the backup app is now working fine.

Thank you!