Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, PayPal, Shop

Paypal shop does not work after changing the Paypal email address in settings. N...

Hi,

My client changed his email address in Paypal and when I updated the email address in Perch admin settings the Paypal shop no longer works. You are able to browse the website but when you click the 'Add To Cart' button you are redirected to Paypal and a message appears stating 'Your shopping cart is empty'.

The shop can be viewed by following this link: https://www.regencyclub.co.uk/the-regency-club-shop.php

Please see the website diagnostic report below:

SUMMARY INFORMATION

Perch: 2.8.4, PHP: 5.3.28, MySQL: 5.0.77, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi
Installed apps: content (2.8.4), assets (2.8.4), categories (2.8.4), perch_blog (4.6), perch_forms (1.8.3), perch_mailchimp (2.0.1), perch_shop_paypal (1.2.3)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_mailchimp', 'perch_blog', 'perch_forms', 'perch_shop_paypal', );
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /admin
PERCH_PATH: /var/sites/r/regencyclub.co.uk/public_html/admin
PERCH_CORE: /var/sites/r/regencyclub.co.uk/public_html/admin/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /var/sites/r/regencyclub.co.uk/public_html/admin/resources
Image manipulation: GD Imagick
PHP limits: Max upload 100M, Max POST 100M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 100M
Resource folder writeable: Yes
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /var/sites/w/www.regencyclub.co.uk/public_html
HTTP_HOST: www.regencyclub.co.uk
REQUEST_URI: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

Please assist me in fixing this issue.

Thank you in advance, SJ.

Satpal Juttla

Satpal Juttla 0 points

• 5 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Before requesting support please make sure Perch and all Apps are up to date as we'll be using the most up to date versions to help you.

That said this is likely to be something you need to debug at the PayPal side, to find out what is being or not being sent. If they respond with something you need ot change in Perch let us know.

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for getting back to me I will chase Paypal to begin with.

Richard Lowe

Richard Lowe 0 points
Registered Developer

Hi Satpal,

Did you get this resolved? I also have a site which I haven't touched for months, and all of a sudden, customer gets the same error at paypal saying cart is empty when anyone tries to add something to a basket.