Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Members

Member App

Hi

Is there a way to create a individual member login that would then have a profile with individual blog/notes etc, bit like tumblr.

As it stand you can create group tags but not individuals - is this correct.

Is this a job for ee or wp.

Brett Warne

Brett Warne 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I don't understand your question.

Ok

As i understand it a user only gets a access to data via the tags tag you apply when the user is created.

As in your example -

<?php if (perch_member_has_tag('boardmember')) {
    perch_content('Financial reports'); 
}; 
?>

What i need to make is when a member logs in then have a blog section that they can create new blogs without login into the perch backend, also nno one else can see their blog.. There may be 150 members that would need there own private blog section.

Is this possible

Regards,

Brett I could do the blog via a form.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

No, it's not possible.

Brett Warne said:

What i need to make is when a member logs in then have a blog section that they can create new blogs without login into the perch backend, also nno one else can see their blog.. There may be 150 members that would need there own private blog section.

I could use something close to it: a member can upload some data (a video, some plain text, some file) and the coach can see it and give some kind of comment to it - but no one else can see this communication between member and coach.

Perhaps this is the same like Brett Warne asked for, perhaps this is something slightly different that is somehow possible with Perch -> then: how?

Would it be possible if the members are users (instead of members)?

Regards, Lars