Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Configuration

Updating content templates

Hi all,

I'm working on a site created by someone else, currently running perch 1.7.3. I want to make some changes within a content template that is present in perch > templates > content.

However, if I make any changes to the HTML, nothing changes, but if I modify anything within a perch:content area then that updates straight away.

Is there something I'm missing here that I need to do so that I can see the updates be pushed through?

Thanks in advance!

Dave.

David Evans

David Evans 0 points

• 7 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

First things first if you need help you need to update to 1.8.4 - that is the latest version for your license and the only Perch 1 version we can support at this point. It would be worth explaining to your client that support for Perch 1 will end in May 2015 - if they are planning on making major changes to their site upgrading to 2 is straightforward and brings a lot of additional features.

As for your current issue, after updating a template you need to resave the content as the output is cached on edit. Changes to templates won't display until after you have done that.

Awesome, thanks for the reply :) I'll make sure the site gets updated soon.

Out of interest, are the page titles handled in the same way in Perch 2? The reason I ask, is that it seems like you could make use of the title field in the pages area instead of having to make use of a separate field.

The reason I ask is that I need to add suitable page titles to be displayed on the search page, and currently the best way I can think to do this is to add a field to the template that I then use specifically for the page title.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Perch 2 has Page Attributes which can be used for this. It's a much more capable product.