Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Members

Members listings - sign up date?

Hi there Is anyway to get a 'Sign up' date for Members within the Members app, or to see when they registered? Thanks Rich

Rich Hemery

Rich Hemery 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

We store it as the memberCreated value in the database, but I'm not sure it's anywhere in the control panel.

Drew McLellan said:

We store it as the memberCreated value in the database, but I'm not sure it's anywhere in the control panel.

No, it's not available in cpanel or available at time of sending the email upon signup.

Rich Hemery said:

Hi there Is anyway to get a 'Sign up' date for Members within the Members app, or to see when they registered? Thanks Rich

A simple app, separate from the members app is easy to do, but it wouldn't be integrated into members. But it can be done.

Sorry Robert not exactly sure what you mean... are you saying a bespoke app that uses the Members functionality in some way?

Ideally I would want a new column in the Members areas with creation date but even if it could just be exported to CSV or whatever that would be decent as well. Willing to pay for any assistance.

Tomorrow I will create an app (widget) that will create a listing of members and their signup dates. You will be able to click on the member name which will open that member in the members app. This is the only way we can add this functionality without modifying the members app which would void perch support. Will this work for you?

Hi Robert

That sounds like the best solution to me, if it's not possible to have a list of all members with their CreationDate beside them, rather than having to click each member individually... although I suppose yours is the only solution if you can't touch the Members code?

Would be very grateful either way.

Thanks

Richard

Robert - just installed it. Perfect! Thanks ever so much.

Robert, can this be used as well to maybe display a list of members on a web page?

Denise. I have a nice piece of code to handle displaying a list of active members. I can look up and share if you need.

R. K

Yes please, thank you Robert!

Denise Courtney said:

Yes please, thank you Robert!

Sorry Denise, when I got home last night I got busy and forgot this, I will lookup tonight when I get home.

<?php
    $API  = new PerchAPI(1.0, 'members_instance');
    require_once(PERCH_PATH.'/addons/apps/perch_members/PerchMembers_Members.class.php');
    require_once(PERCH_PATH.'/addons/apps/perch_members/PerchMembers_Member.class.php');
    $Members = new PerchMembers_Members($API);
    $members = $Members->get_by_status('active'); // using method: PerchMembers_Members::get_by_status($status, $Paging=false)
    /*
    *   $members: you now have an array of member (objects)
    *   you can now use a foreach or while to loop through like:
    *   foreach ($members as $Member) {
    *       echo $Member->first_name();
    *   }
    */
?>
<?php
   if (PerchUtil::count($members)) {
       foreach ($members as $Member) {
           echo $Member->first_name();
       }
   }