Forum

Thread tagged as: Hosting

Perch admin duplicates Blog etc

I have just upgraded several sites to Perch 3. All went well with the sites themselves.

However, the admin panel for one site is showing 4 version of Blog, Forms, Gallery in the left hand menu. Pages and Backup just show once. My config/apps.php looks fine. (NB The site is hidden behind the index.php at the moment but it is working fine).

I cant see how to post a screen shot but that would show the problem best.

Can you help?

~~~ Perch: 3.0.10, PHP: 5.6.3, MySQL: 5.5.40, with PDO Server OS: Linux, apache2handler Installed apps: content (3.0.10), assets (3.0.10), categories (3.0.10), perch_blog (5.6.1), perch_forms (1.9.1), perch_gallery (2.8.9), perch_backup (1.2) App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'perch_blog', 'perch_gallery', 'perch_forms', ); PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch PERCH_PATH: /home/plant/ukplantgroup.co.uk/htdocs/perch PERCH_CORE: /home/plant/ukplantgroup.co.uk/htdocs/perch/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/plant/ukplantgroup.co.uk/htdocs/perch/resources Image manipulation: GD PHP limits: Max upload 100M, Max POST 100M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 100M F1: 3b606135b33e6a102526838f4152a807 Resource folder writeable: Yes HTTP_HOST: www.ukplantgroup.co.uk DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/plant/ukplantgroup.co.uk/htdocs REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/ SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

cow shed

cow shed 0 points

• 3 years ago

I think there is a button in settings that will regenerate the menu and remove extra apps. Also, make sure you only have a single copy of each app in the apps directory. Even if you change the name of the app folder in hopes of holding a copy or backup of the previous app in the apps directory it will get indexed and show in the menu. Just make sure the only apps in the directory are the in use apps.

Btw... make sure your ~~~ is on a line by itself so your code will format correctly in the forum :)

Thanks for the quick reply. I've just tried the Rebuild now button and it didnt work (even logging in and out). I only have 1 of each of the 4 apps on my server so its not that. Is there any thing else I could try?

Thanks for the ~~~ tip! Next time!

I’m stumped. Normally it’s one of those two items... so we will have to wait for Drew’s ideas here...

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

1. Move the apps out of the apps folder.
  2. Rebuild the menu
  3. Remove one app back in

What do you get?

Thanks very much - this worked! (gallery etc worked straight away but in the end I had to download a clean version of blog and then that worked too).