Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem

Crons broken and needed addition of secret=

Since upgrading some things on my server, my perch cron jobs stopped working. I was able to fix and get these working again by changing my cron jobs from: php /home/client/public_html/cms/core/scheduled/run.php somerandomsecretkey to php /home/client/public_html/cms/core/scheduled/run.php secret=somerandomsecretkey

adding in the secret= part seemed to fix this. As the error message was No secret found.

Any ideas why this broke and was required? I wanted to try and understand before I go and update all my client crons.

Terry Upton

Terry Upton 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What can you tell me about your server and the changes?

Hi Drew.

I recently upgraded to apache 2.4 for 2.2 and to Easy Apache 4 from 3 as part of Cpanel and WHM (so i could start migrating sites onto PHP7). However, I believe from discussions with them that this is done to a bug/issue with how the cl PHP is handling the arguments. Apparently "it no longer accepts unlabelled strings and assumes the order to match the script order". I am on ea-php-cli-0.1.0-2.2.1.cpanel.x86_64 if this means anything? It might be a specific issue to Cpanel and they do have a case for this, currently set to unresolved.

However, I wanted to flag this up, as it might help others, but also in case you needed to update the docs and if in fact is actually best practice to pass the key with the string? I am sure there are quite few people of Cpanel servers.

Terry

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Ok, thanks, I'll take a look into it.