Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Blog

Another BLOG not working?

Hey there I saw the recent thread about a blog not working. Now may be experiencing a similar result. I am running:

Perch: 2.6.6, PHP: 5.5.3, MySQL: 5.5.33, with PDO
Server OS: Darwin, apache2handler
Installed apps: content (2.6.6), assets (2.6.6), categories (2.6.6), perch_blog (4.5.2)

went trying to use

<?php  
    perch_blog_custom(array(
         'count' => 3,
         'template' => 'post.html',
     ));

// or

perch_blog_recent_posts(3);
?>

I get php errors in my error log like this:

[10-Oct-2014 14:11:01 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function perch_blog_recent_posts() in /Users/nicholasnelson/Dev_Projects/s-edwards/s-edwards_perch/blog/index.php on line 22
[10-Oct-2014 14:16:25 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function perch_blog_custom() in /Users/nicholasnelson/Dev_Projects/s-edwards/s-edwards_perch/blog/index.php on line 23

I just deleted the blog files and re-uploaded with the same result. Am I missing something? I do have my blog pages in a subdirectory of the root of my site myurl.local/blog. Is that going to affect anything?

Nicholas Nelson

Nicholas Nelson 0 points

• 7 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Is your Perch runtime include correct?

Ha, yeah I just thought that I forgot to mention that I am using the runtime include('../perch/runtime.php');

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Have you added the Blog app to your apps.php file?

The recent thread was someone who'd installed a Perch 1 version of the Blog app into a Perch 2 installation.

Hey yeah, I was just watching the perch Form video where you manually add perch_forms to perch/config/apps.php. Is this what you are talking about? I don't recall doing that that last time I used the blog app, but it has been a little while.

Gosh, I hope that works and that I feel stupid.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support