Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error

Need urgent help with Warning error

I'm getting this when I try to view a site that I have just transferred from a test site:

Warning: include(DIR/../inc/pre_config.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wwwshir/public_html/admin/core/runtime/runtime.php on line 3

plus a few line of the same can anyone help?

Emily Taylor

Emily Taylor 0 points

• 7 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

That looks like you haven't uploaded some files

"No such file or directory" means a file is missing.

I've had a look at the files are there, could they have become corrupted?

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

I can't image so, the error message is pretty clear. Are you sure things have been uploaded to the correct place?

What steps did you follow to move the site?

The first thing I did was import the database. Then I uploaded all of the files to the route folder and changed the config.file to the new bd name, user and password. And then I tried to test it. I will try uploading again and see if that works.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Have you moved your site out of a subfolder? Or made any change to how the site is structured?

I have moved it out of a sub folder but I have done the same thing previously and not experienced this problem. What do I need to look at if that is the problem. I haven't changed the structure at all except from placing a html holding page in the root until the rest of the site is working.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Can you confirm you're running at least PHP 5.3?

Yep, I'm running 5.4

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Which version of Perch?

I ended up putting the site back to how it was and leaving it over the weekend. I'm back on it today though so any help would be appreciated. I've re uploaded all of the files and I'm still having the same problem.

The version on Perch is the most recent either 2.6.5 or 2.6.6 I think. It is replacing the old WordPress site, I don't know if that makes a difference?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

What's the URL?

The old site is on a redirect to a folder called shopping so the next site is in the root below:

https://www.shirescentre.co.uk/index.php

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

From the errors, this looks like PHP 5.2.

Could you put the following in a new PHP file on your server and let me know the URL of it?

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Ok, the hosting info seems to think it's 5.4. I've popped that page here:

https://www.shirescentre.co.uk/phpinfo.php

Oh looks like you are right!

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yup, that's PHP 5.2, so you'll need to speak to your host.

Ok, thanks for all your help Drew!

I'll tell them off for making me think it's running 5.4 instead of 5.2.