Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Perch admin Issues

When clicking around in the admin, some links are linking to an old region that I was at before.

For example: I click: Home > Header region, Then: About us > Contact region,

The contact region still pulls up Home>Header. I've tried clearing cache, closing, logging out, and none of these work 100%, but the issue does sometimes go away temporarily. When the issue is happening, if I have pages re-ordered under a parent page, the dropdown arrow does not work.

Any suggestions for this strange issue?

Perch: 3.0.10, PHP: 5.4.24, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.10 - 20111026 - $Id: 2d8f599f49e5e8d2f5ba7112b5c444b3e2e48cdf $, with PDO
Server OS: WINNT, cgi-fcgi
Installed apps: content (3.0.10), assets (3.0.10), categories (3.0.10), perch_blog (5.6.1), perch_forms (1.9)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = [ 'perch_forms', 'perch_blog' ];
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\WindmillSlatwall-Dev\perch
PERCH_CORE: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\WindmillSlatwall-Dev\perch\core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\WindmillSlatwall-Dev\perch\resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 4096M, Max POST 1024M, Memory: 1024M, Total max file upload: 1024M
F1: 3b606135b33e6a102526838f4152a807
Resource folder writeable: Yes
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
DOCUMENT_ROOT: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\WindmillSlatwall-Dev
HTTP_HOST: windmilldev.sungraphicsmedia.com
Jared Dutra

Jared Dutra 0 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I've not heard of anything like that before. Is this just on a local development server?

No, it's on a shared server. Now unsure that the issue is on Perch's end- this issue is happening to some of the other Perch sites on this server. Any idea what kind server settings would cause an issue like this?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Is it working in your dev environment?

No, this site is still in development. I also added

define('PERCH_PRODUCTION_MODE', 'PERCH_DEVELOPMENT');

as it was not in config before, and the issue is still present

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

So the same issue is happening both locally and on the live server?

This site is being developed on the production server at the moment. There is not a live version of this site yet, but I do not have a local version to test the issue on. I know this isn't recommended for multiple reasons. Regardless, the issue shouldn't be present.

It's pretty easy to reproduce the issue now, if I click in and out of regions pretty quickly, saving each one. If I give it 5 minutes the issue goes away temporarily until more regions are saved.

Is this something you have any recommendations on?

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

It's not happening to anyone else, which is why testing to see if it happens on another server would be important as the best guess is it is very specific to your environment.

Hi, I figured out what the issue was. Turns out it was a setting in my web.config file that was causing all of these bugs.