Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem

Deleted assets after 36 hours still in folder resources and taking disk space on...

Perch: 3.1.2, PHP: 7.0.32, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: b5c5906d452ec590732a93b051f3827e02749b83 $, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi
Installed apps: content (3.1.2), assets (3.1.2), categories (3.1.2)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', );
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: /home/autolusso/domains/autolusso.be/public_html/perch
PERCH_CORE: /home/autolusso/domains/autolusso.be/public_html/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/autolusso/domains/autolusso.be/public_html/perch/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 64M, Max POST 64M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 64M
F1: 3b606135b33e6a102526838f4152a807
Resource folder writeable: Yes
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/autolusso/domains/autolusso.be/private_html
HTTP_HOST: autolusso.be

Hello, Customer has deleted assets because there w a lot of 6MB pictures taking a lot of disk space on the hosting. Now after 36 hours we can't see a difference because they are still in the resources folder. Is there something I can do or improve?

Thanks in advance

Frederic Desauw

Frederic Desauw 0 points

• 2 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

It depends on how the assets were added and how they're used, but they won't magically go after a set number of hours. Cleanup routines are run when content is modified and old versions referencing the assets fall out the of the end of the undo history stack.

So when they are not used anymore across the website, and when manually deleted via assets panel, they still there. So I can't do anything to empty for disk space hosting? Can I delete via ftp in the resources folder?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

How were they added?

Via pages > regions > "select or upload a file" --> "add asset"

Hello Drew,

I still didn't found any solution for this question. "After 24 hours assets that are not marked as Library Assets and not in use will be deleted from disk." So they should disappear automatically after 24 hours?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

After 24 hours they're eligible to be removed. They won't automatically be removed unless a cleanup process runs (usually when editing content) and they are unambiguously safe to delete.