Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Search function

it is possible to take details from blog such as text and image into the search results.

Timothy Rackham

Timothy Rackham 0 points

• 5 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Yes, what problem are you seeing? If you need help then please post your Diagnostics Report and template.

my problem is just trying to understand how I call in the search results the blog post image and further details. just find the docs a little confusing.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

If you can show us where you have got to then we can try to help.

I haven't tried much from the template I'm just a little unsure of how to call a particular part of a blog post into the search result.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

In any template, you can add <perch:showall /> to see all the content that is available for you to use in that template.

Am I using this wrong https://gochattervideos.com/search.php I am not seeing the table I was hoping for....

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

No, that looks like it's working unless you can be more specific.

Well I trying to make a nice search feature so that users can search through all the blog posts. And then display the thumbnail and title. I though the by putting <perch:showall /> it would display and help but I don't see anything....

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

<perch:showall /> is a template tag. You need to put it in a Perch template.

https://docs.grabaperch.com/templates/show-all/

Drew McLellan said:

In any template, you can add <perch:showall /> to see all the content that is available for you to use in that template.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

I can see it on the page which indicates to me you have put it on the page and not in a template.

okay yeah because I thought that this would be to see everything I could control with the search. Just might to go away and do more reading on search function

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

It will show you what Drew explained it would show you, everything available in the template you use it in. It won't do anything if you stick it in the page as it is a template tag, the same as any other.

okay sorry i think I'm understanding, I will give it a go.

okay thats cool thank you. I'm not completely sure where to go from there, but that is helpful.