Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Very odd thing with old hard coded pages re-appearing

I have a very strange thing happening. Almost all of our site pages have been built in the CMS using a master page. Previously - sometime early last year - the same pages were hard-coded, before we got around to rebuilding them into Perch.

Now, they all appear in the admin as normal, but the old hard-coded pages have reappeared in the site files and the site is referring to those - not using the content that was added in Perch. How have the old pages reappeared and why are the ones in Perch not being served up? This happens with most, but not all of the pages.

Perch: 3.0.9, PHP: 7.0.1, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 7e72f9690b1498a1bead7a637c33a831c0d2f655 $, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi
Installed apps: content (3.0.9), assets (3.0.9), categories (3.0.9), perch_blog (5.5.1)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', );
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: /var/sites/0/05creative.com/public_html/perch
PERCH_CORE: /var/sites/0/05creative.com/public_html/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /var/sites/0/05creative.com/public_html/perch/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 100M, Max POST 100M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 100M
F1: 3b606135b33e6a102526838f4152a807
Resource folder writeable: Yes
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /var/sites/0/05creative.com/public_html
HTTP_HOST: 05creative.com
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Chris James

Chris James 0 points

• 3 years ago

I am guessing the pages are still in the root of the site...right? If so, and they are accessed directly this will cause them to be re-listed in the admin panel if they contain perch regions.

If there are also pages in the perch admin (same Name, Same Regions) they will be served the regions , but will use the root file.

The only way to resolve this would to be to remove any pages at root that match the pages in master templates... but be careful your not removing the root files that created from admin which will only contain include() function including the master page.... Hope that makes sense.

RK

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Are they .html pages? I wonder if something has changed with regard to your server configuration so it is preferring .html over .php?

Thanks Robert - but if only it were that simple!

I tried deleting the hard coded pages from the root, then re saving the regions of the equivalent page in Perch - I get a 404 error, and no appearance of the Perch page in the root either.

It seems my only option at the moment is to delete the pages and rebuild them, though I'm worried that this will happen again without getting to the bottom of it. This did happen once before several months ago, but not with so many pages.

no Rachel theyre all .php

Chris, if you go into admin and choose the master page as the master template again, the regions will not be deleted and will re connect to the new template as long at the template has the same regions.

No luck there either I'm afraid Robert. Thanks for your efforts. I'll be coming back to this tomorrow or Friday.