Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Blog

Safari 7.1 and categories in the Blog app; multi-column layout issues

Not sure if this is an issue with the most recent versions of Perch and Blog, but the Safari 7.1 update is causing layout issues with categories in Perch 2.4.9 and Blog 3.8.2.

Looks like it's an issue with the CSS multi-columns. Putting this code in /perch/addons/plugins/ui/_config.inc makes the multi-columns go to one column and makes them legible.

<style type="text/css" media="screen">
    form fieldset.checkboxes.multi-col {
        -webkit-column-width: auto;
    }
</style>

Not a long term fix but good enough as a hack if you don't have a bajillion categories.

Kirk Roberts

Kirk Roberts 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

This has already been fixed - you're on old versions.

I updated to Perch 2.6.6 and Blog 4.5.2 and still see the issue in Safari 7.1. Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gqjt68a7yxax0vb/Screenshot%202014-10-15%2010.19.57.png?dl=0

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Great. It's already been fixed.

Thanks for the speedy update! When will it be available for download?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

In Perch 2.7

Technically that's "where" not "when"... ha ha. Very cagey. I look forward to the next update whenever it may appear! Thanks for the support, as always.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

We're not "cagey". What we don't want to do is provide dates for a release that might need to be pushed back - as then people rely on it to provide something to their clients. Us slipping on a date for a good reason - for example a showstopping bug found in testing - would mean you letting a client down. You'll notice that we don't publish road maps or give release dates for anything, for exactly that reason.

Sorry Rachel... I was trying to be light-hearted in a forum thread and failing miserably. I'm well familiar with your stance on release dates and totally respect it.

Sometimes I feel like I've been using Perch and these forums for so long that there is some familiarity and I can joke a bit, but I'll try to keep it more straight.