Forum

Thread tagged as: Error, Runway

Collections order coming out strange

Hi,

At the moment I simply (and always have) used just the following to display all my collection items and they used to display in the same order I had them in the back end, using the Reorder button.

perch_collection('Brands',[
    'template' => 'watch/section_list.html'
]);

However for some reason when it comes out on the screen now the order is different to what I've set on the internal page. Its not alpha, in fact it all is except for one thats now coming out at the bottom instead of the second item.

I've read about sort-order and sort-type, but I don't want those, I want it to reflect what I've manually set it to. That used to work and now it doesn't, any idea what may have changed it?

Thanks very much, Chris.

Chris Comben

Chris Comben 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Which versions are you comparing?

No version change, I'm on the latest one, just for whatever reason it's started doing it now. I don't think I've changed anything.

I seem to have fixed it, by going into 'reorder' and moving the offending item down one and then back up again. Although obviously that's not ideal, I really need to find out why it moved to the bottom of the list from second.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

That's odd. Does just clicking save on the reorder page fix it? i.e. is it just new items going in at an unexpected location on the list?

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, yes, just clicking save fixes it, but prior to clicking save the order on that page isn't the order that they're outputted on the external site.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

So it's in the moments between creating a new item and setting the order?