Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Installation, Runway

Site running live, update to Runway developer?

Hi, I have a site running live with perch, but I would like to test a Runway feature, I make the upgrade without buying license and It shows me last version of Perch. Will my live site if I change into Runway Developer license? It's that I haven't bought any license the reason my local folder do not show me Runway?

Raul Serrano

Raul Serrano 0 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Nothing will change on your live site if you install Runway in your dev environment. You can test your changes there and then buy the license before transferring that to the live site.

I just installed Runway but it looks like Perch, in diagnostic appears as Perch last version. What I am doing wrong Drew?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Do you have a Runway license key?

Not yet, you told me before I could run in local before buying it.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok, so when you install it locally you'll get a texting license key for Runway.

I don't get it sorry about it Drew. Let me rewind: I have duplicated a local site to test and Play with Runway. I downloaded and follow this steps (https://docs.grabaperch.com/runway/getting-started/upgrading-perch-to-runway/) without buying or hitting any button for crossgrade the license. When I check diagnostic:

Perch: 3.0.10, PHP: 5.4.4, MySQL: 5.5.25, with PDO
Server OS: Darwin, apache2handler
Installed apps: content (3.0.10), assets (3.0.10), categories (3.0.10), perch_blog (5.6.1), perch_forms (1.8.3), perch_backup (1.2)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'perch_blog', 'perch_forms', );
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/europrueba/perch
PERCH_CORE: /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/europrueba/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/europrueba/perch/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 32M, Max POST 32M, Memory: 64M, Total max file upload: 32M
F1: 3b606135b33e6a102526838f4152a807
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: europrueba:8888
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/europrueba
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

No Runway anywhere, then should I hit Crossgrade license and change it on my local config file? It's my live site going to work without problem? Can I go back to regular Perch license?

Thanks

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

There's no direct 'upgrade trial' as such. You need to install a fresh copy of Runway somewhere, get the license key and then use that.

Are there any live demo of Runway at it was on Perch? I need to check it live before buying a license

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

You can use Runway before buying it but it needs to be on a local or development domain.

But to get Runway license I must turn a regular Perch license into a Runway license, would my live site be afected if I turned into a dev license?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

You're making hard work of this. Just spin up a clean local Runway install to get a license key. Keep the license key, throw that install away. Then use the license key to test your upgraded site.