Forum

Thread tagged as: Installation, Gallery

Gallery App Upgrade

I've just upgraded my test server from Perch version 2 to 3 and mostly fine. The perch Gallery app is 2.8.6. When I log in under My Site there are 4 occurencies for Gallery which is strange. All have the same content so is mainly a cosmetic issue but may be confusing to client. I tried upgrading the gallery to 2.8.9 but all the images that are viewable in the gallery Album on CMS admin, disappear from the website gallery page, just leaving a title. Any ideas?

My apps.php is: <?php $apps_list = array( 'perch_gallery', );

gallery PHP: <div id="reel">

<!-- Reel Header Item -->       
        <div id="titlebox" class="item" data-width="400">
          <div class="inner">
            <?php perch_gallery_album_details("gallery"); ?>
          </div>
       </div>

<!-- Thumb Items -->        
        <?php
        perch_gallery_album_images("gallery", array(
          'template'=>'album-image.html'
        ));
        ?>

</div>

Diagnostics Summary Perch: 3.1.2, PHP: 7.1.7, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: b396954eeb2d1d9ed7902b8bae237b287f21ad9e $, with PDO Server OS: WINNT, cgi-fcgi Installed apps: content (3.1.2), assets (3.1.2), categories (3.1.2), perch_gallery (2.8.6), perch_gallery (2.8.9) App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'perch_gallery', ); PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch PERCH_PATH: D:\wwwroot\Supercraft\perch PERCH_CORE: D:\wwwroot\Supercraft\perch\core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: D:\wwwroot\Supercraft\perch\resources Image manipulation: GD PHP limits: Max upload 2M, Max POST 8M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 2M F1: 3b606135b33e6a102526838f4152a807 Resource folder writeable: Yes SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/ DOCUMENT_ROOT: d:\wwwroot\Supercraft HTTP_HOST: localhost:23966

Richard Harding

Richard Harding 0 points

• 2 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Do you have multiple instances of the Gallery app in your apps folder?

Have you tried rebuilding the menu in Settings?

Hi Drew, I did try rebuilding which didn't work but then I saw another post that suggested deleting all instances of gallery app (I had different versions under different folder names) then rebuilt menu and reinstated app and that worked. Thanks

I still have an issue that if I upgrade the app from 2.8.6 to 2.8.9 then I can see all images in the album on admin page but on the site the images disappear I don't know if I should update the php request code in any way?

<?php perch_gallery_album_images("gallery", array( 'template'=>'album-image.html' ));

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

If you turn on debug, what does it output when the images don't show?

Hi Drew,

I found the problem. I needed to copy over the album-image.html template from 2.8.6 to 2.8.9

Another small issue with 2.8.9 - The Title field in 2.8.9 does not pick up on the H1 heading format so it appears as small text. I tried putting a # before title text to no avail. If I format some of the text in the main description box as a heading then that works fine but you are left with small Title text above. Hope this makes sense.

Richard