Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem

upgrade from perch v1.8.1 to latest V2

I have updated a site as described following the updating from version 1 instructions, along with the apps blog and shop_foxycart

The upgrade app has imported blog items BUT does not appear to have done anything with the shop contents - shop does not appear in list of items to upgrade

also content - upgrade app indicates content has been imported, but on pages all regions say NEW content and output displays nothing

any ideas please

Charlie Elsey

Charlie Elsey 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

No import is needed for FoxyShop as there wasn't a change.

If you pick the correct template for a region marked as new, does it then show the content?

selecting template does give content - phew, thanks.

Shop is showing nothing at all however - go to app and it says no content yet, and nothing displays I uploaded the shop_foxycart app, whereas of course in V1 it was just shop

Perch information Perch: 2.8.32 Production mode: Production (100) Installed apps: content (2.8.32), assets (2.8.32), categories (2.8.32), perch_blog (5.0), perch_shop_foxycart (2.1), perch_upgrade (1.6) DB driver: PDO DB tables: perch2_blog_authors (0), perch2_blog_comments (0), perch2_blog_index (589), perch2_blog_posts (29), perch2_blog_posts_to_tags (0), perch2_blog_sections (1), perch2_blog_tags (0), perch2_blogs (1), perch2_categories (2), perch2_category_counts (0), perch2_category_sets (1), perch2_content_index (61), perch2_content_items (74), perch2_content_regions (20), perch2_navigation (0), perch2_navigation_pages (0), perch2_page_templates (1), perch2_pages (11), perch2_resource_log (0), perch2_resource_tags (0), perch2_resources (0), perch2_resources_to_tags (0), perch2_settings (22), perch2_shop_categories (0), perch2_shop_log (0), perch2_shop_orders (0), perch2_shop_product_option_values (0), perch2_shop_product_options (0), perch2_shop_products (0), perch2_shop_products_to_categories (0), perch2_user_passwords (0), perch2_user_privileges (36), perch2_user_role_privileges (16), perch2_user_roles (2), perch2_users (2), perch_blog_categories (2), perch_blog_posts (29), perch_blog_posts_to_categories (30), perch_blog_posts_to_tags (0), perch_blog_tags (0), perch_contentItems (21), perch_settings (18), perch_shop_categories (26), perch_shop_product_options (0), perch_shop_products (1161), perch_shop_products_to_categories (1329), perch_users (2) Users: 2 App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_shop_foxycart', 'perch_blog', 'perch_upgrade', );

Scheduled tasks for perch_blog: delete_spam_comments (1440 mins) Editor plug-ins: markitup, redactor, ckeditor H1: 1863668a8e2ddede3bf55359af8c9bc6 L1: 534ab9140785f04fa741e4661adac872 F1: 2edba60ed1f613d6dd804feb202456a2 headerColour: #ffffff content_singlePageEdit: 1 helpURL: siteURL: / hideBranding: 0 content_collapseList: 1 lang: en-gb update_2.8.32: done latest_version: 2.8.15 on_sale_version: 2.8.32 perch_shop_foxycart_update: 2.0 perch_blog_update: 5.0.1 perch_blog_post_url: /blog/post.php?s={postSlug} headerLinkColour: #000000 latestUpdate: 1.8.1 linkColour: #333333 editorMayDeleteRegions: 1 perch_blog_editorMayManageCats: 1 perch_shop_foxy_url: perch_shop_foxy_api: perch_shop_product_url: /shop/product.php?s={productSlug} perch_shop_foxy_security: 0 PERCH_DEVELOPMENT: 10 PERCH_STAGING: 50 PERCH_PRODUCTION: 100 PERCH_DB_USERNAME: marlborougha PERCH_DB_SERVER: mysql6.namesco.net PERCH_DB_DATABASE: marlborougha PERCH_DB_PREFIX: perch2_ PERCH_TZ: UTC PERCH_EMAIL_FROM: blah PERCH_EMAIL_FROM_NAME: blah PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch PERCH_PATH: /var/www/web/perch PERCH_CORE: /var/www/web/perch/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /var/www/web/perch/resources PERCH_RESPATH: /perch/resources PERCH_HTML5: 1 PERCH_RUNWAY: PERCH_ERROR_MODE: DIE PERCH_DATE_LONG: %d %B %Y PERCH_DATE_SHORT: %d %b %Y PERCH_TIME_SHORT: %H:%M PERCH_TIME_LONG: %H:%M:%S PERCH_RUNWAY_ROUTED: PERCH_STRONG_PASSWORDS: PERCH_DEBUG: PERCH_PREVIEW_ARG: preview PERCH_TEMPLATE_PATH: /var/www/web/perch/templates PERCH_DEFAULT_DOC: index.php PERCH_DEFAULT_EXT: .php PERCH_PRODUCTION_MODE: 100 PERCH_RWD: PERCH_HTML_ENTITIES: PERCH_SSL: PERCH_STRIPSLASHES: PERCH_PROGRESSIVE_FLUSH: 1 PERCH_PARANOID: PERCH_FORCE_SECURE_COOKIES: PERCH_PASSWORD_MIN_LENGTH: 6 PERCH_MAX_FAILED_LOGINS: 10 PERCH_AUTH_LOCKOUT_DURATION: 1 HOUR PERCH_VERIFY_UPLOADS: PERCH_AUTH_PLUGIN: PERCH_DB_CHARSET: utf8 PERCH_DB_PORT: PERCH_DB_SOCKET: PERCH_SESSION_TIMEOUT_MINS: 20

any further views on this? Foxy cart now showing nothing, after update from perch version 1 to version 2

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Have you done any debugging? You are in a better place than we are to do that.

We don't support Perch 1 or upgrades at this point - so we don't have a setup to reproduce your issues. I imagine it is relatively straightforward and if you can give us a reasonable amount of information we may be able to help, however that really has to be the extent of it. The reason to EOL Perch 1 was that continuing to support these updates forever takes away time we can be using to develop Perch for everyone.

Really? I have a shop that previously had hundreds of products in 10 categories, now I have nothing... perch2_shop_categories (0), perch2_shop_products (0),

Drew says above 'No import is needed for FoxyShop as there wasn't a change.' So on that basis I should still be able to see shop items.

What more information do you need from me?

in a less grumpy mood, it would seem that in the update perch_shop_categories (26) has not been transferred to perch2_shop_categories (0), and so on for all shop items.

Not sure what more | can tell you.

on a wider note I see where you are coming from re support for deprecated items but I am sure there are plenty of Perch v1 sites out there, still working perfectly well.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Are you in the same database or a new one?

If it's the same database, drop those empty perch2_shop* tables and rename the old perch_shop* tables to use a perch2_ prefix.

Thanks Drew I will try that. Just delete the empty tables and edit the table names, right?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Right. As long as the table is empty there's no harm in deleting it - those were just created when you visited the Shop app in the control panel and it found it had no tables.

Thanks very much Drew, that worked fine!