Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Runway

In Runway is the region-type defined by the perch user (= content editor)?

This is a use case I have been trying to solve for a long time in Perch, I hope with Perch-runway I will be able to.

Use case

In Perch when I define my regions, I have the ability to define multiple item-regions. So my template would look like this:

1. Region type 'heading' (single item region, has 2 fields)
  2. Region type 'text-with-picture' (multi-item region, has textfield and image field)
  3. Region type 'data-list' (multi-item region, has 4 fields to display in a table)
  4. Region type 'text-with-picture' (multi-item region, has textfield and image field)

On screen

On screen it will look like a header followed by some text-blocks, a table with data and some more text-blocks.

Problem

If the user wishes to place the table (data-list) one text-block up, it is the same as placing a text-block from Region (2) into region (4). The problem in Perch is (I haven't solved this at least), that the user will not be able to drag the content from region 2 into region 4 although the data is the same.

Question

Will Perch runway solve this problem for me (maybe with collections)?

Multi item regions might be the problem in Perch?

The way I see it, the problem arises from the fact that there are multiple-item-regions. You cannot place another piece of content 'in between' a set of multi-item-regions.

It could be solved by letting the user define a region-type when adding a piece of content. Then multiple-regions will not need to exist anymore, every piece (region type) of content will stand on its own. And the user will be able to drag the content from one spot to another

Question

So my question is still: Will Perch runway solve this problem for me (maybe with collections)?

(I have small sites, so no need for Runway in that sense, but this use-case is a big problem for the editors of these sites.)

Thanks! René

René Banus

René Banus 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

No, that's not something Runway currently tries to address.