Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Configuration

Perch not finding database on production server

I'm developing a site locally on MAMP and occasionally uploading pages so that client can see progress.

In cPanel on the remote server I delete the database after a new upload, create a new empty one and do the export/import thing from my local db to the db on the remote server. I've been very careful about the db name, username and password.

The config.php file has the all the cases defined for the local server and the remote server (as explained on your documentation pages) so that it's not necessary to adjust the config file with each upload.

But I can't connect to the Perch db on the remote server. The browser returns this message:

Warning: PDO::__construct(): The server requested authentication method unknown to the client [mysql_old_password] in /home/artwork/public_html/client-name/perch/core/lib/PerchDB_MySQL.class.php on line 60

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/artwork/public_html/client-name/perch/core/lib/PerchDB_MySQL.class.php:60) in /home/artwork/public_html/client-name/perch/core/lib/PerchUtil.class.php on line 92

(name of client folder changed here to 'client-name'). I don't understand the error message - can you suggest what's happening? Thanks

Peter Hammarling

Peter Hammarling 0 points

• 7 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Thanks Rachel. I looked through the FAQs on the hosting site and it turned out that they upgraded recently to php 5.4. They say mysql user passwords are stored in a different way and so in cPanel I had to delete the MySQL user and create it again with the same username and password. One can connect to the Perch db OK now.