Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Installation, Runway

Runway installation set up warning at User account step

Hello, Having a problem with new local installation of Runway 3.1.2 at the User account step in the setup process:

Warning: file_put_contents(/Users/bizni/Sites/marymcdonnell/app/perch/setup/../config/runway.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /Users/bizni/Sites/marymcdonnell/app/perch/setup/PerchSetup_Installation.class.php on line 164
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Users/bizni/Sites/marymcdonnell/app/perch/setup/PerchSetup_Installation.class.php:164) in /Users/bizni/Sites/marymcdonnell/app/perch/core/lib/PerchUtil.class.php on line 233

Realise this is a permissions issue so you might not be able to help, but it’s the first time I’ve had this problem and have checked that the respective folders/files are writable. Perch installs fine, just with Runway that I’m having the problem. Still very new to Runway.

Debug Message - Perch Runway 3.1.2
[11] SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch3_settings WHERE userID=0
kirsten edwards

kirsten edwards 0 points

• 2 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Does perch/config/runway.php exist?

Hi Drew, Yes, that file exists

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What permissions are set on it?

Hi Drew, thank you, does seem that was the problem: config directory and config/config.php were writable but not runway.php. Now working OK.

I didn’t remember changing permissions for runway.php for the first local installation I did, which was v3.0.11 a while back; and on the live installation from then (still on v3.0.11) runway.php is not writable — a bit confused by this

Does perch have a permission check in the install process? can't remember.