Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Addons

'Select Asset' default view all bucket images

Hi,

I am using a multiple item region with a simple img tag in the template to allow the user to 'upload' an image. I understand that if I use the bucket attribute, then the image will be uploaded into that specific bucket.

Similarly, if I use the asset app directly, I can then set the image to belong to an bucket.

However, what I find strange is that if I go to another page that has an img tag to upload a file, with no bucket attribute set. When the 'Select an Asset' sidebar opens, it does not show all the images, irrespective of the bucket by default.

It seems that on my set-up, I can only see images in a specific bucket, by filtering, which does not seem right at all.

Everything at the moment is set-up as a test, so this is a clean new install of Perch 2.6.6.

Surely this is a glitch in my system somewhere ? and by default when the 'Select an Asset' side bar opens, I should be able to see all images etc from all buckets.

Cheers,

Andy

Whilst I understand that the image link would need the bucket to be added to the link, I

When you click the

Andrew Kennedy

Andrew Kennedy 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You see the images from the bucket set for that tag. If no bucket is set, that's the same as setting bucket="default"

Thanks Drew, that makes sense, but I think it's a little bit confusing for new editors if they want to add an asset and they do not see everything that is available.

Personally, I would like to have seen all assets available, unless a bucket has been set, as that way you can then define the more granular level of control.

As an aside and I have not thought this through, but it would be nice to create an editor that could only upload assets to a known bucket and as such, only see these. This is now getting into the realms of something much more complicated....although, thinking about it, I am sure there are ways to achieve this.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback as ever.

Cheers,

Andy

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Ok, great.