Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Events

Events app pop up rather than go to page

I am trying to create a pop from the calendar rather than it going to an actual page. is this possible? I can almost get thee but am having trouble getting the correct info in the pop up it is just showing the first events info rather than the actual one you have clicked on:

https://alnandcoastland.kubiaktest.co.uk/events/

any help much appreciated.

here is my template:

Emily Taylor

Emily Taylor 0 points

• 6 years ago
 <perch:before>
    <div class="eventwrap">
    <span class="day"><perch:events id="eventDateTime" format="j" /></span>
</perch:before>
<!-- Button trigger modal -->
<button type="" class="btn" data-toggle="modal" data-target="#myModal" href="<perch:category id="catSlug" type="slug"/><perch:events id="eventTitle"/>">
    <span class="value-title" title="<perch:events id="eventDateTime" format="c" />"></span>
    <span class="summary <perch:events id="category_slugs" />"><perch:events id="eventTitle" /></span>
</button>
<!-- Modal -->
<div class="modal fade" id="myModal" tabindex="-1" role="dialog" aria-labelledby="myModalLabel">
  <div class="modal-dialog" role="document">
    <div class="modal-content">
      <div class="modal-header">
        <button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="modal" aria-label="Close"><span aria-hidden="true">×</span></button>
        <h1 class="modal-title" id="myModalLabel"><perch:events id="eventTitle" /></h1>
      </div>
      <div class="modal-body">
        <h2><perch:events id="eventDescHTML" encode="false" />
        <perch:events id="eventDateTime" format="l, jS F Y g:i a" />
        </h2>
      </div> 
    </div>
  </div>
</div>
<perch:after></div></perch:after>

I have done this on several sites. Basically you have to output all the modals to the page with one template then output all the triggers with another call to a second template. I could look up a working template but it won't be till I get into my office tonight.

Working example would be brilliant. Thanks for the help.

Emily, I thought of one site I worked on that uses this... https://rspgunshop.com

If you view source you will see all the modals grouped at the top, then you will see later all the triggers.

Click on an item and a modal opens, then there is a link to open the actual page in the modal.

See if you can work it out from there... Otherwise I'll get back to you later

after looking again i have tweaked my code:

<div class="eventwrap">
<button type="" class="btn" data-toggle="modal" data-target="#myModal" href="/events/event.php?s=2015-10-25-longhoughton">
    <span class="value-title" title="<perch:events id="eventDateTime" format="c" />"></span>
    <span class="summary <perch:events id="category_slugs" />"><perch:events id="eventTitle" /></span>
</button>
<!-- Modal -->
<div class="modal fade" id="myModal" tabindex="-1" role="dialog" aria-labelledby="myModalLabel">
        <button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="modal" aria-label="Close"><span aria-hidden="true">×</span></button>
      </div>
      <div class="modal-body">
        </h2>
      </div> 
    </div>
  </div>
</div>

the only bit i actually need advise on is how to get the correct slug here:

<button type="" class="btn" data-toggle="modal" data-target="#myModal" href="/events/event.php?s=2015-10-25-longhoughton">

in the href

i tried this

<button type="" class="btn" data-toggle="modal" data-target="#myModal" href="/events/event.php?s=<perch:events id="eventDateTime" format="Y-j-n" />-<perch:events id="eventTitle" />">

but not working.

I have figured it out:

<div class="eventwrap">
<button type="" class="btn" data-toggle="modal" data-target="#<perch:events id="eventDateTime" format="Y-n-j" />-<perch:events id="eventTitle" />" ">
</button>
<!-- Modal -->
<div class="modal fade" id="<perch:events id="eventDateTime" format="Y-n-j" />-<perch:events id="eventTitle" />" tabindex="-1" role="dialog" aria-labelledby="myModalLabel">
      </div>
      <div class="modal-body">
        </h2>
      </div> 
    </div>
  </div>
</div>

Emily,

Normally I use perch_item_count to serialize the modals to the buttons. Of course this is when I have multiple modals being output on the same page.

If you got it all working now that's great. Hope I was able to answer your questions.

Robert