Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Blog

Blog: "+" symbol in post title is included in post slug, results in 404

Hello!

I’ve ported a client’s blog from WordPress into the Perch Blog App. For the most part, it's gone off without a hitch!

I have run into one wrinkle, though. A "+" symbol in the title of a post is being retained in the URL/slug for that post. The resulting URL is not understood by Perch and results in a 404.

The postURL field is not exposed or editable as it is set to "hidden." I did try to set the postURL field in my template to text, in the hopes that I could change the value of that field, but my edits didn't stick. So, I set the postURL field back to "hidden" lest I wreak some unknown havoc on other posts.

My summary diagnostics: (let me know if I should include the extended one, instead)

The postURL template tag in question is the same as in the default blog post template, though I use it in two places in my custom blog template in order to link directly to the comments for a given post from the post list view.

<perch:blog id="postURL" type="hidden" />
SUMMARY INFORMATION

Perch: 2.8.14, PHP: 5.6.10, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 3c688b6bbc30d36af3ac34fdd4b7b5b787fe5555 $, with PDO
Server OS: Darwin, cgi-fcgi
Installed apps: content (2.8.14), assets (2.8.14), categories (2.8.14), perch_blog (4.6), perch_forms (1.8.3), perch_podcasts (1.1), perch_twitter (3.5.1)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', 'perch_forms', 'perch_podcasts', 'perch_twitter' );
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: /Users/abby/Sites/_clients/fwc/fwc-2015/perch
PERCH_CORE: /Users/abby/Sites/_clients/fwc/fwc-2015/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /Users/abby/Sites/_clients/fwc/fwc-2015/perch/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 32M, Max POST 32M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 32M
Resource folder writeable: Yes
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /Users/abby/Sites/_clients/fwc/fwc-2015
HTTP_HOST: fwc-2015.dev
Abby Larsen

Abby Larsen 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Ok, we'll log it, thanks.