Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Installation

Unable to connect to the database

Hello,

I moved my site to a new server (media temple grid) and cannot access it anymore.

I am getting the error :

Perch could not connect to the database Please check that the access details specified in config.php are correct.

I am pretty sure the data in my config.php are correct. With the same username and password I can login to the database in phpmyAdmin.

I can't think of any troubleshooting other than trying a fresh installation but I'd like to avoid it.

Any thoughts on what to test next?

Proko Mountrichas

Proko Mountrichas 3 points

• 6 years ago
Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

Check with Media Temple what the database address should be. Often it's 'localhost' but sometimes it's something different.

Hi, and thanks for the answer. I actually did and they asked me to try with internal-[mydbname].gridserver.com but it didn't help.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Have you tried the server compatibility test?

/perchtest gave a "Not found" (maybe depends on some files I removed after initial installation?). However and for some reason I cannot explain, login worked again in my next attempt. I got a message "Thanks for updating to version 2.8.14". I had updated my local just before uploading to the server. I hope there will be no more "magic" in the future :)

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Ok, great.