Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Addons, Shop

Shop Product Customisations

I've got 2 sites that need to have a way for customers to specify a custom message for engraving on the individual products.

I know product customisation is on the roadmap (added April 2016) does anyone have any news on this feature request?

OR

Anyone have any thoughts on how this might be achievable without product customisation?

Thanks Graham

Graham Shedden

Graham Shedden 0 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

We don't have an ETA for that feature currently.

Gram, this is something which is possible now, and I wouldn’t exactly think of it as customizing, more like adding a feature through checkout flow.

What have you tried to this point and how has it failed if you’ve implemented your attempts?

R. K

Robert, thanks for the reply.

That's an interesting view point, can you elaborate a little more on that process, I'm not sure that would work in this instance. It would be possible the customer would want to order mutiples of a single item but have a unique etch mark for each one. I'd think at the cart stage you'd only be able to add an etch mark to the complete order, like shipping or coupon?

So far I've been focussing on using the options. When viewing the product item detail page I can add a form field using a conditional but I'm struggling to capture that data into the database when the 'add to cart' form runs.