Forum

Thread tagged as: Error, Runway, Redactor

Redactor formatting everything on the entire page

Hello all

Had a very weird bug reported from a client. We built their site with Perch Runway (now updated to 3.0.10) and a lot of the pages have a region with multiple blocks. Nothing Earth shattering there, but a lot of these blocks have a redactor control. If the client highlights some text in any redactor and then changes the format (to H1 or whatever), then it changes the entire page to the same format. When I say the entire page, I mean everything! Buttons, labels...if it has text, it converts it. Selecting H1 will give you hundreds of H1 tags and a weird looking Perch!

The extra nugget is that this behaviour only happens on IE and Edge. Chrome and Firefox on Windows is fine, and it's fine on all browsers on Linux and Mac. The easy way out is to ask them to use chrome only but that's a shallow victory. Also, their entire company is on Windows in a lockdown environment so they can't install another browser.

So, I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen this?

Thanks, Michael

Michael Wilkinson

Michael Wilkinson 6 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Do you mean everything on the edit page, or everything on the resulting web site page?

Michael Wilkinson

Michael Wilkinson 6 points
Registered Developer

It's everything on the edit page. You don't have to save it before it happens, it's on the click event of whatever format you choose in the redactor control and boom, it's all changed.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

That's not something we've seen at all. Is it only with Redactor?