Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Suggestions

Image assets in page details being removed

Hi Drew and Rachel,

I've had issue adding image thumbnails to pages within page details (seo.php). There are two image fields; one which is used in navigation templates and another for social media thumbnails.

I understand this may be by design, and perhaps page details shouldn't include images but I find by design that's the best place for them. The image assets are deleted as if they're not in use in content (which I guess they're not and thus the issue).

Whilst it's obvious to me that I can "Mark as Library Asset" by visiting the assets library afterwards, it's not so intuitive for other staff at our organisation and I would rather that the only step for them was to upload the asset for the page and for it remain.

Is there a way to enforce this in the seo.php or image attribute without having to visit the asset bank in another step?

Many thanks,

Jasper

Jasper Snaith

Jasper Snaith 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Which version are you running?

Hi Drew,

We're on 2.6.3, you guys are far too efficient at putting updates out!

I'll upgrade and see there's any difference.

Thank you,

Jasper

Hi Drew,

Updated to 2.7.2 and added an image asset under page details but again after a period the system removed the asset.

On returning to the page detail the asset was still listed but the thumbnail was broken.

Will update to 2.7.3 and check again but assume glancing at the update page this issue is not yet addressed.

Many thanks,

Jasper

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

That shouldn't be the case. I'll take a look at it.